Bombastic ESPN article on relationships of Brady, Kraft, Belichick, Guerrero

tonyto36

2 hours ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

It's unbelievable. It's literally like clockwork.

The fact that people believe non-sense, hearsay rumors from ESPN who's continually put out hit pieces/clickbait articles against the Patriots, and professional trolls like Felger, Mazz, Bedard vs. sources close to the situation and the team, is truly unbelievable.

Use your brain and don't be so naive to believe everything you here. Belichick and Brady have never been best friends. They have a working relationship. That's ALWAYS been the case. Everyone already knew this Guerrero stuff. Makes sense that Guerrero and Patriots trainers buttheads.  They have completely different methods and beliefs. And everyone already knew that Belichick didn't want to trade Jimmy, and held out as long as he could. It was an unfortunate situation, timing wise.

The rest of this "report" is trash. Kraft didn't make Belichick trade anyone. Brady didn't make Belichick trade anyone. Brady's feelings aren't hurt because Belichick hasn't picked him as player of the week or called him out about interceptions.

2 hours ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

^Also Jimmy's agent.

But Greg Bedard, Michael Felger, and ESPN told me otherwise! Lollollololol

"Use your brain".  

1.  NONE of the report ever claims that Brady ever demanded Jimmy be traded.  

2.  What exactly do you think Brady/Kraft/Belichick are going to say in a statement?  Yes Brady has been destroying the Patriots from within?

3.  While reporters will exaggerate to sensationalize a story, it's not like it's likely everything is false.  

4.  By confirming that Guerrero material is true, it corroborates a lot of the other things.  Such as JG being locked out, Brady friction with Belichick, Yoko Guerrero, etc.

5.  It's not just this reporter reporting this stuff.  This has been leaking out from a bunch of different people like Curran, Troy Brown, and a bunch of pro Patriots guys who are on the inside. 

EDIT:

Wickersham was also all over the Niners wanting to get rid of Harbaugh a full year before it happened.  

Wickersham was also the lead in exposing how the Seattle defense hates the Wilson/the offense.  And how it's crippled the team.

Now Wickersham is talking about how Yoko Guerrero is killing the Patriots from the inside.

We saw how the Niners and Seahawks have gone (not good).  Why are people dismissing this so quickly except stupidity and ego?

Bruschi:  "[there is always conflict].  A lot of this Seth Wickersham piece that I read, it's there, it's true"

How many times have we heard that Kraft state he stays out of football decisions?  And how important do we think that is for Belichick?  Does it make ANY sense given Belichicks track record to go with the old vet over young talent?  ESPECIALLY when you have that guy in the wings and know he's legit ala Bruschi/Mayo.    Why would Belichick giveaway TWO young quarterbacks with 41 year old Brady if he wasn't forced?    And would it surprise anyone for Belichick to say "you broke our #1 rule, I'm done" ? 

Reports coming out that Belichick for the first time ever is helping his coordinators prepare for job interviews.  Belichick to retire this season after he helps his two coordinators get new jobs?  Kraft forces his hand, leaves the franchise with 41 year old Brady, no HC, no OC, no DC, no GM, and a largely woefully undertalented defense that Belichick pieces together with his schemes.

Could be a nightmare scenario this offseason if Belichick wants to go out with the double birds. 

I mean bottom line the biggest issue is JG trade.   Can anyone explain to me how this could possibly happen WITHOUT it being Kraft pressuring Belichick to trade Jimmy G, and him getting mad.

1.  Every Patriots comment we've heard about JG from players to sports writers is that the Patriots think he's the next Aaron Rodgers.  "Can make all the throws".  

2.  Belichick lets GMs know that JG is completely off the table and they will not even listen to contract offers.  

3.  Adam Schefter - known to have very close ties within high up in the Patriots - stakes his flag on the ground and practically says on ESPN "I will stake my mother bleeping livelyhood that they won't trade JG and if you question me, I will shoot you and it's an insult to me."

4.  Patriots trade also-back up and prospect Brissett for Dorsett [who has done nothing].  

*Fast forward to October*

5.  Lynch gets offered JG for a 2nd round pick.  No negotiating, no conditions.  Just straight up offered JG for a 2nd.

6.  The Patriots didn't seek out any other teams for better offers.  

7.  JG is a Niner and is undefeated since.

Can anyone possibly rationalize that happening in any scenario that doesn't involve Belichick being pressured by Kraft to trade Jimmy?   Did Belichick just wake up some morning and decide "oh this Jimmy kid actually sucks and is a tool bag and I hate him.  I'm going to give him away for free because even though I think he sucks, other GMs thinks he's amazing and will offer a house for him."  

12 hours ago, ChazStandard said:

Unnamed sources reporting gossip means absolutely nothing.

While I agree that everything seems exaggerated... I wouldn't say it means absolutely nothing. The media loves to spit out false news but they also love to often find a little crack and drive a wedge in there. If I was the Patriots I'd have to proceed with caution with this... Don't want to give the media anything that gives them an opportunity to drive the wedge into the crack even further. Especially with Patricia and McDaniels leaving most likely. These things like to snowball... Thats why Doug Whaley was fired from Bills... Albeit you guys are the Patriots you still don't want things to snowball and have the fake media for the reason if a blow up occurs.

There have been so many “drifts” between belichick and brady or players that has been reported throughout the years and this team continues to move on and win football games.

Milloy cut. Tom Jackson tells everyone the players hate their coach.

Welker walks. Brady is pissed at belichick.

Mankins traded.  Brady is pissed At belichick.

Belichick “threw brady under the bus”during the deflate gate presser.

cant wait to see all three of these guys raising their sixth Lombardi and make everyone who believes this bs look like fools.

11 minutes ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

There have been so many “drifts” between belichick and brady or players that has been reported throughout the years and this team continues to move on and win football games.

Milloy cut. Tom Jackson tells everyone the players hate their coach.

Welker walks. Brady is pissed at belichick.

Mankins traded.  Brady is pissed At belichick.

Belichick “threw brady under the bus”during the deflate gate presser.

cant wait to see all three of these guys raising their sixth Lombardi and make everyone who believes this bs look like fools.

I don't think anyone has stated or even thinks the Patriots are worse off this year because of the report.

But you're just being purposefully obtuse if ANY of this is true you don't think effects the long term projections of this team.

I mean there are reports Belichick is actively trying to help Patricia/McDaniels get new jobs - which he never does.  What if they both leave and Belichick leaves this off season?  We're 4 years away from being the Browns for the next 20 years.

Very nice job though avoiding all the arguments I posed.  Just side step it with a completely irrelevant analogy.   Because getting rid of LG Mankins half a decade ago is anything like Jimmy G vs Brady.  

Just a thought, but Belichick is one of those weird loner creative genius psychopaths that tend to get bored after a while, I wonder if it’s possible he’s bored of Tom Brady. I wonder if we’ve reached the stage where he gets the same level of satisfaction from winning with Tom Brady as your average madden player does by playing on the easiest difficulty level. 

6 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

Just a thought, but Belichick is one of those weird loner creative genius psychopaths that tend to get bored after a while, I wonder if it’s possible he’s bored of Tom Brady. I wonder if we’ve reached the stage where he gets the same level of satisfaction from winning with Tom Brady as your average madden player does by playing on the easiest difficulty level. 

17 years...

The part that, to me, seems 100% credible and isn't really getting any pushback is the stuff about Guerrero. 

It just reaffirms my long-held belief that the guy is going to do some considerable damage to Brady's legacy if Brady doesn't distance himself from him. 

40 minutes ago, Starless said:

The part that, to me, seems 100% credible and isn't really getting any pushback is the stuff about Guerrero. 

It just reaffirms my long-held belief that the guy is going to do some considerable damage to Brady's legacy if Brady doesn't distance himself from him. 

How so?

I mean, even supposing everything he says is wrong, how do you taint a legacy by being mistaken about nutrition and exercise regimes? What harm does that do?

Only a generation or so back cigarette companies advertised all over the sporting world. Players would endorse marlboro and camel. No legacies were hurt by that.

Even today players splash their face over candy laced with carcinogenic sweeteners, high fructose corn syrup and all the stuff that literally can't be legally described as "food" over here in Europe. Far more societal damage is done by athletes selling fast food and alcohol, nobody considers Peytons legacy tainted everytime a a guy drink drives.

11 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

How so?

I mean, even supposing everything he says is wrong, how do you taint a legacy by being mistaken about nutrition and exercise regimes? What harm does that do?

Only a generation or so back cigarette companies advertised all over the sporting world. Players would endorse marlboro and camel. No legacies were hurt by that.

Even today players splash their face over candy laced with carcinogenic sweeteners, high fructose corn syrup and all the stuff that literally can't be legally described as "food" over here in Europe. Far more societal damage is done by athletes selling fast food and alcohol, nobody considers Peytons legacy tainted everytime a a guy drink drives.

Because the stuff Guerrero and by extension Brady are peddling is total quackery. At best it's a mix of standard stretching/massage regimens and snake oil, at worst it's pure snake oil. And you know what happens to people who peddle snake oil in a litigious society, right? LAWSUITS. I guarantee you that within the next 5 years someone or several someones will attempt to live by the TB12 method and either receive no tangible benefit from it or, worse still, suffer illness or injury as a result (worst case scenario: people buy into the "hydration protects you from sun exposure" BS and end up with melanoma) and once that happens there will be a class-action lawsuit. In such a lawsuit there will be depositions by Brady and Guerrero required as part of their defense (unless they decide to settle, which would mean the end of their business anyway) and once that happens, what do you expect to come out? Even if Brady is found to have been acting in good faith, do you really think that Guerrero won't cop to his methods being total crap if he goes under oath? And then Brady will forever have to live with the reputation of being the guy who, at best, got roped into working with a snake oil guy whose methods harmed a lot of people. It won't affect how people view him as a football player, but as a person?

Keep in mind, this isn't merely an endorsement - this is Brady's life's work after football. He's not simply lending his name and likeness so a company can sell a product, he's actively involved in the creation of that product.

Archived