Patriots: Beginning of the end

JDLefebvre

I'm sure you've all seen or heard about the article out on the Pats...  saying Brady was threatened by Garrapalo still being on the team, Belichick wanted Garrapalo to be the QB of the future.  Kraft ordered Bill to trade Jimmy to make Tommy happy.  Bill was "furious".  

So what happens?  Bill leave this year,  next year...  Will Tommy be the same without him.  Rumor is the OC and DC will be head coaches soon and take most of the current staff.  

Love em or hate em the run they've had has been RIDICULOUS!!!!!   But ready for real parity to be back.  

2 hours ago, JDLefebvre said:

I'm sure you've all seen or heard about the article out on the Pats...  saying Brady was threatened by Garrapalo still being on the team, Belichick wanted Garrapalo to be the QB of the future.  Kraft ordered Bill to trade Jimmy to make Tommy happy.  Bill was "furious".  

So what happens?  Bill leave this year,  next year...  Will Tommy be the same without him.  Rumor is the OC and DC will be head coaches soon and take most of the current staff.  

Love em or hate em the run they've had has been RIDICULOUS!!!!!   But ready for real parity to be back.  

winning solves all problems in sports or usually.  Maybe BB will go out to 49er land? I doubt much happens here, Brady has a few years left,  but maybe BB and Kraft reconcile after a SB win? Or maybe they split after the AFCCG lossxD

2 hours ago, JDLefebvre said:

Possibly.  Don't expect BB to stay around much longer anyway tho.  Not much left for him to prove really.  But we shall see. 

could always be a DC and get out of the spotlight. If we get butlered out of the playoffs, why not sign him up:P

3 hours ago, JDLefebvre said:

Read that article.  If the Power 3 have a breakup in NE, it's party time.   

4 hours ago, JDLefebvre said:

Possibly.  Don't expect BB to stay around much longer anyway tho.  Not much left for him to prove really.  But we shall see. 

His son is a coach on the team (safeties?). I don’t think he’s in much of a hurry to leave until his son at least becomes an established coordinator. 

I don't think the story is a bunch of bull. Obviously, that doesn't mean they'll be dismantled anytime soon. But Belichick has always - ALWAYS - stuck to his guns on the subject of ownership interfering with football decisions. It's what led him to NE in the first place. Kraft choosing Brady over him in a power struggle would be an issue. It undermines him entirely, and that team isn't winning anything if he leaves.

This is all complicated by the fact that no one knows the terms of Belichick's contract. We don't even know if he has one for next year or if he was playing it out. I think there is a serious issue, and it's on the part of Belichick.

Haha.

This is kind of silly.

The only reason its coming to an end in the somewhat near future is because Brady will eventually start to decline in the next few years.   Brady and Belichick have lost other coaches in the past and been just fine.    In the next 5 years, I expect both Brady and Belichick to retire....but in the end, they will go down as the greatest dynasty ever in pro football and one of the most iconic ever in sports.

All great things must come to an end....but its not because of this. 

That ignores the question of whether Belichick was undermined. Brady can keep playing with Belichick. Kraft loves Belichick as his head coach. That doesn't mean Belichick is happy staying in said job.

It's a long shot, but it's not silly. Go back through any public comments Belichick has made on ownership, and there's always a running theme.

Archived