Dolphins to hire former Bears OC Dowell Loggains

TheKillerNacho

11 hours ago, packerrfan74 said:

With Ryan Tannehill looking at 30 prior to the new season beginning and not a whole lot of success, is Miami looking at QB early in the draft this year?

No.  Tannehill is fine for the Dolphins as long as Gase is the head coach.  Ryan Tannehill took the 25th ranked scoring defense to the playoffs last year, completed 67% of his passes for an average of 7.7 yards, had an above average passer rating and was overall a good QB and I don't understand why there's this belief out there that Tannehill is somehow a bad QB.  He is AT WORST the 6th best QB in the conference. 

1 hour ago, HorizontoZenith said:

No.  Tannehill is fine for the Dolphins as long as Gase is the head coach.  Ryan Tannehill took the 25th ranked scoring defense to the playoffs last year, completed 67% of his passes for an average of 7.7 yards, had an above average passer rating and was overall a good QB and I don't understand why there's this belief out there that Tannehill is somehow a bad QB.  He is AT WORST the 6th best QB in the conference. 

IIRC, out of al the full-time starting QB's in the NFL that season, only 4 had both a higher YPA AND % than Tannehill. It'll be interesting to see what happens with Jarvis Landry.

1 hour ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Yeah...I really think the only big question mark with Tannehill at this point is whether he can stay healthy, or whether these last two injuries have diminished him significantly. If he can come back spry, and stay upright, I see no reason he won't be fine.

As far as Loggains goes, I think he gets a bad rap from his time in Chicago. The team was forced into adopting a conservative offensive strategy while already having a head coach that had an overly conservative offensive mindset to begin with. Not to say I think Loggains was a marginalized genius, or anything, but he was in a bad situation, and still managed to help develop a really raw quarterback prospect--while putting up decent numbers (all things considered) overall. 

15 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I don’t think he’s a bad QB by any means. It’s hard to find a lot of success in a division dominated by the Patriots. I like Tannehill just don’t think he has shown enough to warrant a guarantee as QB1. 

On 1/5/2018 at 11:17 PM, Heinz D. said:

Yeah...I really think the only big question mark with Tannehill at this point is whether he can stay healthy, or whether these last two injuries have diminished him significantly. If he can come back spry, and stay upright, I see no reason he won't be fine.

One injury* which suffered a setback during the recovery process. He originally suffered a partially torn ACL and MCL in December 2016, opted not to have the surgery (at the recommendation of the training staff) and did stem cell treatments to rehab it that way. 9 months later, the ACL was tweaked during an OTA practice and discovered to not be stable. At which point he had the surgery.

Prior to that, he had started 77 straight games despite being statistically the most hit QB in the NFL, bar none, from 2012-2015. Durability wasn't a concern before and one ligament injury shouldn't change that.

5 hours ago, cddolphin said:

Prior to that, he had started 77 straight games despite being statistically the most hit QB in the NFL, bar none, from 2012-2015. Durability wasn't a concern before and one ligament injury shouldn't change that.

I wouldn't think so, either. And while he's a mobile guy, it's not like running is the cornerstone of his game, or anything. The only good part about him going down during camp is that he should have plenty of time to heal up. 

Archived