Final Playing time stats for WR

rdelaney89

Rich Cimini ESPN Staff Writer 

Jets final playing-time stats: Wide receiver — Jermaine Kearse (879 snaps/85 percent), Robby Anderson (810/78), Chad Hansen (341/33), Jeremy Kerley (277/27), ArDarius Stewart (231/22), Charone Peake (28/3), JoJo Natson (21/2). Analysis: Kearse led the non-linemen in total snaps; he was a terrific pick-up at the start of the season. Breakout season for Anderson. Unloading Kerley was a good move because it created PT for the rookies, Hansen and Stewart.

>     http://www.espn.com/nfl/team/_/name/nyj/new-york-jets

Kerley missing games was probably the best thing that could have happened midway through the season. I would have liked the WRs to receive a few more passes from competent QB play though. I look forward to getting Enunwa back next year.

1 hour ago, rdelaney89 said:

Kerley missing games was probably the best thing that could have happened midway through the season. I would have liked the WRs to receive a few more passes from competent QB play though. I look forward to getting Enunwa back next year.

Picking up Kerley was a dumb move. To see us only play a healthy 3rd Rounder only 22% is embarrassing.

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Picking up Kerley was a dumb move. To see us only play a healthy 3rd Rounder only 22% is embarrassing.

Our KR/PR got injured and the usual learning curve for a WR is 3 years. I don't think it was a crazy move at all, we moved on from him at the appropriate time IMO. Stewart was injured before training camp so it gave him time to learn the offense. I expect him to play more next year which is another reason I don't want a WR in FA. (unless Enunwa retires)

The main thing we need for next season is a punt returner. Otherwise, I am fine with bringing back the same WR corps: Anderson, Enunwa, Kearse, Stewart, Hansen and Smith. But I don't think any of them are PR options. I think McGuire can handle KR duties. So, maybe a free agent PR would be someone to target.

I wonder if Marcus Sherels of the Vikings is going to become a free agent this off-season. He could be our PR, backup KR and backup CB/nickel. Not a bad pickup.

2 hours ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

The main thing we need for next season is a punt returner. Otherwise, I am fine with bringing back the same WR corps: Anderson, Enunwa, Kearse, Stewart, Hansen and Smith. But I don't think any of them are PR options. I think McGuire can handle KR duties. So, maybe a free agent PR would be someone to target.

I wonder if Marcus Sherels of the Vikings is going to become a free agent this off-season. He could be our PR, backup KR and backup CB/nickel. Not a bad pickup.

Pettis from UW could be had in the mid rounds. Also Smith is likely done as a Jet. So we shouldn't count on him on this roster. Guys made of glass since he signed his contract.

Archived