Offseason/Training Camp Thread

J-ALL-DAY

24 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think it depends on where you feel our talent base is. I agree that I Think Shanny could nab us an extra win or two just from strong coaching and planning. But other teams have great coaches as well, so I'm not going to say he's worth more than 1 or 2. If you feel that our talent is a 5 win team, then it's easier to believe that we could end up with 6 or 7. With our schedule, I see our talent more or less as a two or three win team, and we win an extra game or two from coaching / lucky breaks / etc. 

I am very close to this position as well, but I have to keep optimism up because Shanny is keeping optimism up. And I am all-in on this guy: 

16 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

I am very close to this position as well, but I have to keep optimism up because Shanny is keeping optimism up. And I am all-in on this guy: 

Every time I see pics of John Lynch, I look at him and really think that guy could still be playing lol. That guy is super fit 

I mean Foster seems to be the real deal, but is anyone surprised it was Barkley who threw the INT? This guy has had to throw at least 75% of the INTs in camp from all QBs combined LOL.

Oh man, hate to hear this. Hopefully he will be fine.

On 8/6/2017 at 8:16 PM, Forge said:

In fairness, it's not like Baalke was bad at everything. I just don't think he could truly evaluate players from a value perspective, and I think far too beholden to his own methodology. Had to be the smartest guy in the room. There are a considerable number of jobs I could imagine he'd excel at for the NFL. That being said, just don't have any of his duties include the NFL draft....

Baalke: "It is with great pleasure, that I announce that we have awarded the 2019 NFL draft to the great city of Funkley, Minnesota. We feel that the sky is the limit for this up and coming city. I have personally evaluated it from top to bottom, and I think this is a future star city in the making. Just trust me on this"

The NFL isn't rebuilding.. it's retooling.

I bet the league offices will start hiring more injured ex-players from now on. "Got a career-ending injury? Come work for the NFL!"

On 8/6/2017 at 10:02 PM, 757-NINER said:

#4 is the rookie Patrick out of Utah that they just picked up when BJ Johnson went to IR. Good length but also shows he has seperation skills and short-area quickness. I'll be keeping an eye out for him in pre-season. 

Taylor, Goodwin and Patrick were the three eye-popping players in that drill. Taylor is just explosive out of his cuts. And that back shoulder throw to Patrick... is this what football is supposed to be like? Back shoulder throws, anyone?!

Archived