Offseason/Training Camp Thread

J-ALL-DAY

15 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Interesting, but I expected this to happen once Harold passed him up on the depth chart during the Broncos joint practices. Go young or go home should be our mindset at this point LOL.

Agreed. 

1 minute ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Is WR Tim Patrick still on the team? Have not heard much about him nor remember seeing him show up in either of the games I have seen (Chiefs & Vikes).

We haven't cut him, so far as I know. That will come after the game this week. 

5 minutes ago, 48 1/2ers said:

Joe Haden is on the block? Give me a reason why that doesn't make sense? 

He's not good. Hasn't been for quite some time. 

If you're getting him super cheap? Okay, take a shot...but I'm not giving up a second or anything for him. 

11 minutes ago, Forge said:

He's not good. Hasn't been for quite some time. 

If you're getting him super cheap? Okay, take a shot...but I'm not giving up a second or anything for him. 

Unfortunately his level of play has declined a bit but i would still offer up that 4th round pick we just got from the Vance trade for him. His experience and understanding of coverages could be extremely valuable in the maturing and developing of Robinson and Witherspoon. Who knows too, maybe a change of scenery is something that could help get him back to playing real well like he has in years past, similar to Carlos Rogers when he came over.

Just now, Fureys49ers said:

Unfortunately his level of play has declined a bit but i would still offer up that 4th round pick we just got from the Vance trade for him. His experience and understanding of coverages could be extremely valuable in the maturing and developing of Robinson and Witherspoon. Who knows too, maybe a change of scenery is something that could help get him back to playing real well like he has in years past, similar to Carlos Rogers when he came over.

that's probably my max - the steelers 4th that we just obtained. That's probably going to be closer to a fifth, so no big loss if Haden is a bomb, and we don't have any dead cap if we cut him after the year is over. 

Archived