Offseason/Training Camp Thread

J-ALL-DAY

1 minute ago, 48 1/2ers said:

It makes sense with Mayhew drafting him in '15. 

I dig the move but it's another sign for Garnett being put on notice. 

I don't know about the latter. I mean, he's still hurt, and it could be that we are just unsure on when he's coming back. The other guys we have there are guys like Fusco, who really have no upside for us as well. I don't know that it has much to do with Garnett on the field, to be honest. 

I Like that we are being active in the trade market. I hope that we are able to do the opposite now and maybe get some later picks for guys who have no place on the team like we did with Vance. Not sure who else that could be (Will Redmond, maybe?), but if they aren't going to make the team and have some unknown upside, lets see what we can get for them. I'm still slightly upset that we didn't get anything whatsoever from Brooks when there was obviously some interest and salary wasn't an issue. 

This is why the loss of Garnett is so big. I know he didn't grade well from PFF, but I said it last season that most of Hyde's big runs are coming from the holes Garnett is creating. Beadles at LG is just pathetic so I really hope we don't ever see him on the field this year. 

Archived