Offseason/Training Camp Thread

J-ALL-DAY

Armstead seems to be dominating the same way he did last year before his shoulder injury. 

So Hoyer to Goodwin may actually be a thing this year eh?

Foster should be 2nd string very soon.

Another good day for Lynch. 

I'm guessing the opposite for our secondary LOL.

And looks like Tartt suffered some sort of injury in today's practice. Smh, our top three safeties all have been banged up and it hasn't even been a week out yet. 

18 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Armstead seems to be dominating the same way he did last year before his shoulder injury. 

So Hoyer to Goodwin may actually be a thing this year eh?

Foster should be 2nd string very soon.

Another good day for Lynch. 

I'm guessing the opposite for our secondary LOL.

And looks like Tartt suffered some sort of injury in today's practice. Smh, our top three safeties all have been banged up and it hasn't even been a week out yet. 

I am all aboard the Goodwin bandwagon. I have heard nothing but remarkable things about him. I just hope these guys carry this over into the games when they matter. 

Injury bug hitting our safeties pretty hard out the gate BUT I'd rather it be early in camp rather than later on. Also gives us a chance to see younger guys with the 1's and 2's and helps better evaluate potential/talent level.

I really can't wait to see this D-Line in action. With Armstead, Lynch, and Doom, we have accumulated a nice trio of pass-rushers to complement guys like Mitchell, DeFo, and Jones(I'm higher on Jones than most, really like his potential at NT). And that's not even counting whatever we get from Thomas. I've always maintained that the game is still won upfront first, so if our front four can consistently cause havoc upfront, it could mask a lot of deficiencies in the back seven. 

18 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

I am all aboard the Goodwin bandwagon. I have heard nothing but remarkable things about him. I just hope these guys carry this over into the games when they matter. 

I want to be...I really do. But I can't get past his time in Buffalo where he was basically a no-show his entire career. It also seems like an odd fit to maximize his skillset with Hoyer. That being said, like you, I have heard nothing but great things from the beat writers this offseason. I'm keeping expectations super low, however. 

Archived