Thoughts on Luke Falk Rumors?

AlNFL19

There have been some rumors as of late about the Patriots' reported interest in Washington State QB Luke Falk. Anyone have any thoughts on that? I think he's a good fit and could be the franchise guy with some development. His "First Look" scouting report by Daniel Jeremiah showcases some similarities to Jimmy Garoppolo's NFL.com draft profile, mostly in that both are accurate passers who lack(ed) some arm strength and who are quick to scan the field and make a read. Both also play(ed) in a spread offense. I think if McDaniels stays, the Patriots could develop Falk into the guy and possibly win a Super Bowl with him down the road, assuming they draft him of course. Falk will have an opportunity at the Senior Bowl and NFL Combine to improve his draft stock after a mediocre senior season.

I need to watch more tape on the kid, haven't seen much of anything yet. From what I am reading though, he has A LOT to learn as far as sensing pressure in the pocket and having that internal clock. He is said to be accurate, but tends to stand in the pocket too long. 

He’s got some positive attributes but also some really detrimental negatives. I’m not sure how coachable some of those are (such as pocket presence). Others are more coachable IMO (going through progressions). 

I think anyone would be on board with him being on the roster, just depends on where he’s picked. I don’t think he’s as polished as Garoppolo was and could require a lot more coaching. 

Archived