BDL 2018 Contract Negotiations/Transactions

SirA1

1 hour ago, Hockey5djh said:

Dumb question.....don't the things we just voted on go into affect next season, not this season?

Its a 2019 3 up so it is for next season. Im choosing to pay a guy 8500 more this year because it will save me about that in the long run. 

Edited by SirA1

On 8/6/2018 at 9:20 PM, SirA1 said:

Singapore Sentinels 2019 3 Up #1

Edge Danielle Hunter

Current BDL deal = $686/1

NFL Contract = $72,000/5 years + $1,907/1 year (2018) = $73,907/6 years = $12,318/year

New BDL Contract Offer = 6 Years $54,434 ($9,239/yr) 75% Annual Salary

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/minnesota-vikings/danielle-hunter-16812/

Approved: Bcb, MD4L, JLash

Abstained: Ragnarok

On 8/7/2018 at 6:15 PM, WFLukic said:

Lew Jazz 3up no.1

Travis Frederick

Current = 7100/3

Irl Avg = 9400/per (6 yrs)

0.75*9400 = 7050

New Offer = 7100g

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/travis-frederick-12311/

After digging into all that old BDL Owners meeting stuff I actually found a vote on a rule to limit 3 Ups to 1 year or less but it got voted down. So while foolish, it technically isn't illegal to 3 Up a player with more than 1 year. Lukic also wisely followed the rule that a new contract can't pay the player less per year that he's already making in the BDL by matching his current salary.

By those reasons I approve the Frederick deal.

Approved: Bcb, SirA1

One more approval needed.

59 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

After digging into all that old BDL Owners meeting stuff I actually found a vote on a rule to limit 3 Ups to 1 year or less but it got voted down. So while foolish, it technically isn't illegal to 3 Up a player with more than 1 year. Lukic also wisely followed the rule that a new contract can't pay the player less per year that he's already making in the BDL by matching his current salary.

By those reasons I approve the Frederick deal.

Approved: Bcb, SirA1

One more approval needed.

Why would a player in Frederick’s position accept a 3 year extension at the same price? 

26 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Why would a player in Frederick’s position accept a 3 year extension at the same price? 

Has nothing to do with reality. He could wait 3 years and still pay him the same amount per year. Actually less if he waited.

3 hours ago, SirA1 said:

Just a personal thought, I feel like this happens way too often.

"Rule X is in question"
"Its listed in the rules as Y"
"But this is how we've previously done it"
"Ruling is made on rule X based on previous discussions not listed in the current rules document"

The Frederick deal is not legal according to what's in the rules document right now. 

5 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

Just a personal thought, I feel like this happens way too often.

"Rule X is in question"
"Its listed in the rules as Y"
"But this is how we've previously done it"
"Ruling is made on rule X based on previous discussions not listed in the current rules document"

The Frederick deal is not legal according to what's in the rules document right now. 

How so? 

On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 2:34 PM, SirA1 said:

How so? 

• 3 Up (All year round) : Each year, an owner has the chance to resign 3 players at a discount rate.

• If the player is an upcoming free agent that is not coming out of his BDL rookie deal, he can be signed at 75% of the value of his remaining IRL contract

• If a player is under BDL rookie contract but has just signed a new contract IRL, he can be signed at 75% of the value the IRL contract

• When 3 Upping a player who was RFA eligible but not tendered, the 3 Up offer may not include the value of the a RFA tender.

• A player who is 3 upped for a single year by a team, upon signing a new contract in the NFL their BDL 3 up contract can be updated for the change in contract.

• If a player is a free agent coming out of his BDL rookie contract and has signed a new deal IRL before the year of the 3up, then the owner has to pay 75% of the total IRL contract but end the contract the same year in BDL than IRL. For instance, player X has a BDL rookie contract from 2014 to 2019 at $2000 per year and signed a new deal IRL in 2018 at $10M per year for 6 years. You can either 3up him in 2018 at $7,500 per year for 6 years or in 2019 at $9,000 per year for 5 years.

• For players under the NFL Franchise Tag they can be 3 Upped for 100% the value of the Franchise tag. If the are signed to a long term deal during the same season their BDL Contract will revert to 75% of the IRL value of they new contract. This is done to prevent any issues with going over the BDL Salary cap.

Players who are submitted to the contract committee as 3 Ups are not included in the free agent pool. However, if the contract committee and the team have not agreed on a 3 Up contract by the start of Shark Tank, then that player will be considered eligible for bidding in the Shark Tank.

Travis Frederick

- Not an upcoming FA
- Not under his BDL rookie contract
- Not RFA eligible
- Didn't just sign a new NFL contract
- Not under his BDL rookie contract
- Not under the NFL franchise tag

Explain to me how he's eligible to be 3upped again?