BDL 2018 Contract Negotiations/Transactions

SirA1

The Charleston Dingoes are moving to Sydney Australia. because I should've moved to Australia in the first place and I'm fixing that now.

S Matthias Farley ERFA  
S Rayshawn Jenkins ERFA  

RB Aaron Jones ERFA  
RB Austin Ekeler ERFA  

RB Jeremy McNichols ERFA  

Yes to all of my ERFAs

. Also damn this font. 

Edited by DingoLadd

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 11:21 AM, Ragnarok said:

While I do think hockey would be getting one hell of a deal for Wilson, I don't know if I would reject it due to value.  We have always included cap benefits in the value of a trade.  An early 2nd round pick, a guy footsy was very high on in Rivers, and a former 1st round CB that he thinks would bounce back plus he gets out of a big contract.  If both parties are happy, and we don't think it would hurt the competitive balance of the league, then I'd be inclined to approve it.  What matters most is the value the two parties put on the players in question.  Would this be getting actually rejected if it was an owner other than footsy and a new full-time owner?  Or would we complain then pass it anyways and move on?

Now, rejection is possible if we think there is collusion as pheltz has suggested.  It was clear that they were looking at moving Wilson as part of hockey taking over which could be construed as such.  However, considering that hockey has reached out to other owners about trading for a QB, I think we are past that and he is simply trying to improve his team.

While we may have reason to be somewhat suspicious on footsy at the moment, I saw nothing to hockey's behavior this past year that would suggest he would attempt to go against the spirit of BDL.  So I don't believe he is colluding with footsy in the way that has been suggested.

All of that said, I will Approve this deal.  If the other members of the trade committee really believe that the value in this trade is to the point of hurting the competitive balance of the league, then that is certainly their right.  And Wilson is currently a top-10 QB so I could understand that.  

Sorry for disagreeing as I'm not trying to start an argument, but I did want to voice my thoughts.  

So we're at:

Rejected: SirA, Pheltz

Approved: Rags

Weighed in but no official ruling: JLash, MD4L

No Response: PR

What are the chances this gets approved gents?

@SirA1@pheltzbahr@Ragnarok@Jlash@MD4L@PR

6 hours ago, Hockey5djh said:

So we're at:

Rejected: SirA, Pheltz

Approved: Rags

Weighed in but no official ruling: JLash, MD4L

No Response: PR

What are the chances this gets approved gents?

@SirA1@pheltzbahr@Ragnarok@Jlash@MD4L@PR

This is a laughable agreement right now. Salary concerns aside Jalen Ramsey for example would go for a significantly higher price. 

5 hours ago, Jlash said:

Camden 3 up #1

G Joel Bitonio

RL Contract 5 years/42,637,315 or 8,527,463/year

Bitonio Contract

Proposed BDL contract

5 years/36,250 or 7,250/year (a little more than 85% to keep it a round number for Rags)

Bitonuo actually signed a 5 yr 51.2 mil extension.  You'd have to base it off that since you didn't 3 up him when the deal was done last season

Edit: looks like about 49 or 50 actually

Edited by pheltzbahr

25 minutes ago, pheltzbahr said:

Bitonuo actually signed a 5 yr 51.2 mil extension.  You'd have to base it off that since you didn't 3 up him when the deal was done last season

Edit: looks like about 49 or 50 actually

What? I thought we did away with back paying money from players?

Just now, Jlash said:

What? I thought we did away with back paying money from players?

We did.  If you wanted to mirror his contract when it was redone last year you could have.  Now you have to match whatever new money is in there for the 5 yr extension.  This is nothing new, I did it with Watt a couple years ago.

Just now, pheltzbahr said:

We did.  If you wanted to mirror his contract when it was redone last year you could have.  Now you have to match whatever new money is in there for the 5 yr extension.  This is nothing new, I did it with Watt a couple years ago.

When? I acquired him midseason?