BDL 2018 Contract Negotiations/Transactions

SirA1

Just now, bcb1213 said:

well, say the worst team gets a guy to go on IR, should they get the first two picks if no one else has someone hit IR?

Not sure I follow, "worst team gets a guy to go on IR"  NM, you're saying that the worst team meaning the 1st waiver would be picking two players at the top of the list.  That really doesn't bother me that much.  If they are the worst team then they probably need the help more.

If it's possible to submit a proposal for the future I'd like to.

I think if a player goes on IR, that the IR waiver claim should be the same position, that makes sense to me.  Then the team is actually filling the vacancy with a player at the same position and if they want to claim someone else at another position using the normal WW claim, regardless of order.  I'm fine with that.  I just think that the IR claim should carry more urgency as long as that position that they are claiming is the same position on IR.

The current process seems to hurt the team with the greatest priority. 

5 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Not sure I follow, "worst team gets a guy to go on IR"  NM, you're saying that the worst team meaning the 1st waiver would be picking two players at the top of the list.  That really doesn't bother me that much.  If they are the worst team then they probably need the help more.

I think if a player goes on IR, that the IR waiver claim should be the same position, that makes sense to me.  Then the team is actually filling the vacancy with a player at the same position and if they want to claim someone else at another position using the normal WW claim, regardless of order.  I'm fine with that.  I just think that the IR claim should carry more urgency as long as that position that they are claiming is the same position on IR.

you can submit that for the offseason meetings if you like to be voted on

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

It can get tricky if you limit the IR waiver claim to being the same position. I was able to fulfill my IR waiver with my weekly waiver claim, so why should my team be 'forced' to double dip the same position? Otherwise I'd have to go with a different position for my initial claim, and then risk not getting my positional IR waiver claim (as he would get picked by someone before it reached the IR waivers).

I guess if we made it IR Waiver Claims come first, that might make sense to make it restricted by position. But otherwise, you are hurting teams by forcing them to double dip potentially, or run the risk of not getting the top guy they wanted as the current format sits.

3 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

It can get tricky if you limit the IR waiver claim to being the same position. I was able to fulfill my IR waiver with my weekly waiver claim, so why should my team be 'forced' to double dip the same position? Otherwise I'd have to go with a different position for my initial claim, and then risk not getting my positional IR waiver claim (as he would get picked by someone before it reached the IR waivers).

I guess if we made it IR Waiver Claims come first, that might make sense to make it restricted by position. But otherwise, you are hurting teams by forcing them to double dip potentially, or run the risk of not getting the top guy they wanted as the current format sits.

I don't think I said being forced to double dip, at least that wasn't how it should of came out....haha.

My suggestion is mainly to put a priority on allowing the team to fill a greater need after placing a player on IR.  By allowing the IR to cut the line of non-IR related claims does that. 

The number of IR claims are limited to typically only a few teams and with the IR claim needing to fill the exact position the odds are you'd land your first choice to fill that position.  You may want to include a second, but again the odds of landing the first is going to be pretty high.

The standard Waiver Wire claim, under my proposal doesn't change and you wouldn't need to target two players at the same position unless you just wanted to add a second.

20 hours ago, DingoLadd said:

Sydney Trades:

Sydney 3rd

WR Brian Quick 

Louisiana Trades:

S Sean Davis

Approved: Bcb, JLash, Rags, SirA

Do you mean Louisiana 3rd since I have your 3rd next year?

@WFLukic

Edited by SirA1