Jaylon Smith

CAPJ

Thoughts on Jaylon Smith next year? 

He started out pretty terrible but then something seemed to click late in the year. Might have been more comfortable, him trusting his knee/foot, game started to slow down for him or a combination of everything.

Everyone seems to want Hitchens back (I do too) but I am also inclined to see what Jaylon Smith can do. Usually players get back to normal 2 years after a knee injury. That plus he may have more nerve generation.

He tweeted something not long after the last game that he isn't 100% back just yet but almost there or something along those lines.

I think we see him emerge next year and be the All-Pro player he was expected to be pre-injury.

I’m sure after the long road he had he’s still not 100 percent healthy. Plus he was thrown to the wolves pretty quickly into the season. To expect all star numbers after so long of not playing is silly. He did get better as the season went on but again I still believe he should be in a limited role for another season. I know with the loses that’s impossible but I feel would work out for him better until he’s caught up to the speed of the game.

He needs to step it up next year. No more excuses. The training wheels are off so to speak. I don't want to hear about snap counts or limited anything's. Next year is year 3 and we spent a 34th overall pick on him. I hated the pick when we made it and if he can't become a decent starter by year 3 then it was a bad pick. End of story.

He DID play well at the end there and we are paper thin at LB so I hope for crow. again

On 1/6/2018 at 4:24 AM, DaBoys said:

He needs to step it up next year. No more excuses. The training wheels are off so to speak. I don't want to hear about snap counts or limited anything's. Next year is year 3 and we spent a 34th overall pick on him. I hated the pick when we made it and if he can't become a decent starter by year 3 then it was a bad pick. End of story.

He DID play well at the end there and we are paper thin at LB so I hope for crow. again

I thought for sure we would draft Jack, but I was happy for Jaylon when we drafted him (good story).

But we're screwed if he doesn't get back to his pre-injury form. 34th overall pick on a guy who's so-so in 2 years.

Just now, Tony7188 said:

I thought for sure we would draft Jack, but I was happy for Jaylon when we drafted him (good story).

But we're screwed if he doesn't get back to his pre-injury form. 34th overall pick on a guy who's so-so in 2 years.

I think he will. He would have experienced the speed of the game and will be completely healthy by the time the season starts. I’m nervous about him but I expect him to play a large role for us since we’re gonna lose some talent to FA

Archived