first mock offseason

LoganF89

Resign

Kirk Cosuins- i really think he wants to be here, just pay the man already!

D. Hall (VET MIN) great leader and good depth

Zach Brown- No need to explain

Mason Foster- solid player, 2 year deal. groom Cabinda and Harvey -Clemons

Trent Murphy (cheap)

Phil Taylor (vet min)

Spencer Long (if reasonable) I like him a lot more at center than i do roullier

Ryan Grant-is was quietly a pretty relaible guy this year (cheap)

Dustin Hopkins

Deshazor Everret- played very well this year great depth

Ty Nseke- Great backup

Release/Cut/Not Resigned 

Terrelle Pryor-Bust for us

Niles Paul-cant block

Will Compton-Time is up

Arthur Jones-expendable

Chris Carter-never even saw him this year

Brian Quick-expendable

Breeland- Dunbar signing sealed the deal

Terrel Mclain-Garbage

Ziggy Hood-just retire

FA

Kyle Fuller CB-didnt have a year like he did when he came in to the league, could be a bargain to play with his broher

Allen Robinson WR- Really young and productive, not even in his prime and will be much cheaper than sammy or landry and i think he fits better than they do

Draft

1. Vita Vea NT Washington- Allen,Vea,Ionnidis isnt a bad 3-4 front! finally get a true nose

2. Nick Chubb RB Georgia- lets face it, we all want a bell cow, and here he is

3. Will Hernadez OG UTEP- guy is a mauler, replaces Lauvao

4. Antonio Callaway WR Florida- Guy has had some issues but its too much value to pass on

5. Jason Cabinda ILB Penn St- Guy was a great player for him and could be a great contributor once he learns a bit

6. Ike Boettger OT Iowa- a depth pick, our o line was mauled by injuries

7. Christian Lacouture DT LSU- could be a great rotation guy in the 7th round

Rough Depth Chart

QB-Cosuins/Mccoy

RB-Chubb/Perine/Thompson

WR-Robinson/Doctson/Crowder/Callaway/Grant/Davis?

TE-Reed/Davis/Sprinkle

LT-Williams/Nsekhe

LG-Hernandez/Lauvao

C-Long/Roullier

RG-Scherref

RT-Moses/Boettger

DE-Allen/Lanier

NT-Vea/Taylor

DE-Ionnidis/Mcgee/Lacouture

OLB- Smith/Murphy

ILB-Brown/Vigil/Cabinda

ILB-Foster/Harvey-Clemons

OLB-Kerrigan/Anderson

CB-Norman/Dunbar/holsey

CB- Fuller/Moreau

Slot Corner-Fuller

FS-Swearinger/Hall

SS-Nicholson/Everret/Cravens

All it takes is a halfway healthey team for us to hit playoffs! I would love this offseason!

thoughts? opinions?

4 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

Resign

Kirk Cosuins- i really think he wants to be here, just pay the man already!

D. Hall (VET MIN) great leader and good depth

Zach Brown- No need to explain

Mason Foster- solid player, 2 year deal. groom Cabinda and Harvey -Clemons

Trent Murphy (cheap)

Phil Taylor (vet min)

Spencer Long (if reasonable) I like him a lot more at center than i do roullier

Ryan Grant-is was quietly a pretty relaible guy this year (cheap)

Dustin Hopkins

Deshazor Everret- played very well this year great depth

Ty Nseke- Great backup

Release/Cut/Not Resigned 

Terrelle Pryor-Bust for us

Niles Paul-cant block

Will Compton-Time is up

Arthur Jones-expendable

Chris Carter-never even saw him this year

Brian Quick-expendable

Breeland- Dunbar signing sealed the deal

Terrel Mclain-Garbage

Ziggy Hood-just retire

FA

Kyle Fuller CB-didnt have a year like he did when he came in to the league, could be a bargain to play with his broher

Allen Robinson WR- Really young and productive, not even in his prime and will be much cheaper than sammy or landry and i think he fits better than they do

Draft

1. Vita Vea NT Washington- Allen,Vea,Ionnidis isnt a bad 3-4 front! finally get a true nose

2. Nick Chubb RB Georgia- lets face it, we all want a bell cow, and here he is

3. Will Hernadez OG UTEP- guy is a mauler, replaces Lauvao

4. Antonio Callaway WR Florida- Guy has had some issues but its too much value to pass on

5. Jason Cabinda ILB Penn St- Guy was a great player for him and could be a great contributor once he learns a bit

6. Ike Boettger OT Iowa- a depth pick, our o line was mauled by injuries

7. Christian Lacouture DT LSU- could be a great rotation guy in the 7th round

Rough Depth Chart

QB-Cosuins/Mccoy

RB-Chubb/Perine/Thompson

WR-Robinson/Doctson/Crowder/Callaway/Grant/Davis?

TE-Reed/Davis/Sprinkle

LT-Williams/Nsekhe

LG-Hernandez/Lauvao

C-Long/Roullier

RG-Scherref

RT-Moses/Boettger

DE-Allen/Lanier

NT-Vea/Taylor

DE-Ionnidis/Mcgee/Lacouture

OLB- Smith/Murphy

ILB-Brown/Vigil/Cabinda

ILB-Foster/Harvey-Clemons

OLB-Kerrigan/Anderson

CB-Norman/Dunbar/holsey

CB- Fuller/Moreau

Slot Corner-Fuller

FS-Swearinger/Hall

SS-Nicholson/Everret/Cravens

All it takes is a halfway healthey team for us to hit playoffs! I would love this offseason!

thoughts? opinions?

I like it . 

20 minutes ago, mike23md said:

No.Age and injury concerns are there and creeping into his play. 

He was doing well it just titans preferred Henry. Murray can be still good dude if Henry wasn't such a beast Murray would would having another 1000 yard season. 

On 1/5/2018 at 9:04 PM, LoganF89 said:

Release/Cut/Not Resigned 

Niles Paul - can’t block

Arthur Jones - expendable

Chris Carter - never even saw him this year

Brian Quick - expendable

Terrel McLain - Garbage

Ziggy Hood - just retire

FA

I love your entire offseason plan except for a few things which I’ve quoted here:

1. I don’t see the point in signing a free agent corner unless we allow Breeland to leave via free agency and Norman leaves or is traded. I don’t see both of those things happening so I find it extremely unlikely that we sign a FA corner like Kyle Fuller. We have his brother Kendall Fuller - who’s is arguably a better talent - just re-signed Dunbar and just drafted Moreau. One of those 3 will start opposite Norman should Breeland be gone... which is extremely likely.

As for the rest of these players, I don’t see the harm in keeping/re-signing any of them as depth players who will be amongst the last group of players competing for a spot on our 53 man roster. 

All of the free agents will be cheap to re-sign, so, why not re-sign them to compete with rookies/undrafted free agents and free agents we will sign in the offseason to compete for roster spots. If they make it, then so be it, if they don’t then that’s fine too.

With the way McClain’s contract is structured it probably means he’ll be back for one more season as a rotational player along with McGee behind Allen, Ioannidis and Lanier. Hopefully McClain does better in his second season in the system then he did this year when he was ‘just a guy’ in every game except the Seattle game.

I don’t see the harm in bringing back cheap veterans like Arthur Jones, CArter, Hood, Paul and Quick.

Arthur Jones has talent, he’s just had injury issues, just like Phil Taylor. I see no problem with re-signing both guys who will be cheap to compete for a spot on the roster.

Chris Carter didn’t do anything on defense because he was the 5th OLB behind Kerrigan, Smith, Galette and Anderson. That doesn’t mean he’s got nothing to bring to the table. With very Galette likely being gone and the question of if Murphy will be back and when he’ll be able to play after tearing two knee ligaments, it doesn’t hurt to bring Carter back as veteran depth to compete for a back up OLB spot.

It’s true, Niles Paul is not a good inline blocking TE just like the Reed and Davis - and it’s still a question as to how good Sprinkle will be as a blocker as well - but Paul is still a good special teams player, a versatile player who can play FB, H-back (move TE) and can also still line up as a WR. I really don’t see the harm in re-signing him on a vet minimum contract to compete to be one of the last few players to make the team again.

Brian Quick could once again be valuable depth as our 4th, 5th or 6th wr and as a special teams player. I think re-signing him to a vet minimum deal makes sense and maybe he can earn more playing time behind our starters, when he played, he did have a few big catches this year like in week 1 vs the Eagles and vs Seattle.

Hood is a do it all defensive lineman. Again, it doesn’t hurt to bring him back and compete to be one of the last DL we keep. He can play every position on our DL, he’s a great lockeroom guy as are the other vets I’ve mentioned and he’s got a high motor. There’s nothing wrong with having Hood as your back up to Allen, Ioannidis, Lanier and your back up NT, but at this stage of his career you don’t want to be your starting NT like he hand to be the last two years because of Kedric Golston injury and Phil Taylor’s season ending injuries.

33 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

It’s true, Niles Paul is not a good inline blocking TE just like the Reed and Davis - and it’s still a question as to how good Sprinkle will be as a blocker as well - but Paul is still a good special teams player, a versatile player who can play FB, H-back (move TE) and can also still line up as a WR. I really don’t see the harm in re-signing him on a vet minimum contract to compete to be one of the last few players to make the team again.

Because he sucks?

2 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Because he sucks?

Boooo! Quit hating a back of the roster glue guy who does all the dirty work he’s asked to do while stroking our highest paid players even when they make mistakes or have down games or even years. It’s nauseating. 

Dont you get tired of hating a try hard, team first guy like Paul? It doesnt make one bit of sense how much time you’ve wasted on hating him the last 6 years. 

47 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Boooo! Quit hating a back of the roster glue guy who does all the dirty work he’s asked to do while stroking our highest paid players even when they make mistakes or have down games or even years. It’s nauseating. 

Dont you get tired of hating a try hard, team first guy like Paul? It doesnt make one bit of sense how much time you’ve wasted on hating him the last 6 years. 

Turtle, I luv you bro, but Paul is AT BEST a special teams guy. We stupidly bulked up a WR and then ask and expect him to block like a tight end. 

64dc54ed708722973cf97b059f7142ee6d9e51f8

give your coach and OL a chance to run the bell effectively and put a dual threat blocking TE in and Paul can be a Greg Manusky special teams guy. Manusky sucked as a LB but tried real hard to be a Pete Wysocki special teams guy and that’s ok. We need that too 

Archived