first mock offseason

LoganF89

32 minutes ago, Doc Draper said:

Turtle, I luv you bro, but Paul is AT BEST a special teams guy. We stupidly bulked up a WR and then ask and expect him to block like a tight end. 

64dc54ed708722973cf97b059f7142ee6d9e51f8

give your coach and OL a chance to run the bell effectively and put a dual threat blocking TE in and Paul can be a Greg Manusky special teams guy. Manusky sucked as a LB but tried real hard to be a Pete Wysocki special teams guy and that’s ok. We need that too 

Mike Shanahan (odly @MKnight82 ‘s most favorite Redskins coach other than Gibbs) drafted Niles Paul as a late 5th round pick to be a #5 or 6 WR and a special teams guy, basically gunner because of Paul’s toughness, speed and size/strength for a wr which was a good move. Paul hasn’t just Luck boxed his wash to on the Redskins for 7 years under 2 different coaching staffs. The reason he makes the team is because he’s one of the best special teams players we have, he’s a good “move” blocker, a team first guy and versatile.

It was the Great Mike Shanahan who decided to move Niles Paul to TE because they had 6 other WRs who were better and we had Brandon Banks as our return man. Shanahan wanted to keep Paul because of his special teams play so he made Paul his 3rd TE and Paul has stayed at that spot ever since 2012.

Paul wasn’t moved to TE to be a in-line blocking TE. If that’s something people think, then they need to get it out of their head because it’s not true. Paul was made a TE in his 2nd season because we had better Wrs than him but Shanahan liked Paul as a special teams player and thought he had potential as WR/TE combo which, odly enough when healthy he has played on offense he’s flashed some in that role the last 5 years that he can do that, but not to the elite level that Jordan Reed Can when Reed is healthy.

I don’t disagree that we need a TE who can not only catch and play like a WR like Reed & Davis but can also be a great inline blocker. Hello! That’s why we drafted Jeremy Sprinkle. 

I’ve said since 2014 that we have missed Logan Paulsen as a blocker for our run game more than anyone realizes and we should have kept him in 2015. We should have kept 4 TEs that year, using Paulsen as our inline blocker over on run downs. We certainly haven’t found another TE who can block as well as Logan did since we let him go and Paulsen isn’t even an elite blocker as a TE but he’s certainly a better one than the guys we have now and he was ok as a receiver for a 3rd TE.

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Even better.

He'll probably end up playing for Kyle or Sean in either Northern or Southern California if we don’t Re-sign him. Those two great young offensive minded coaches know his worth as a glue guy on the team.

7 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

He'll probably end up playing for Kyle or Sean in either Northern or Southern California if we don’t Re-sign him. Those two great young offensive minded coaches know his worth as a glue guy on the team.

Kyle Shanahan?  The guy I wanted to hire as our Head Coach when his dad left?  The guy you screamed for us to fire? 

2 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Kyle Shanahan?  The guy I wanted to hire as our Head Coach when his dad left?  The guy you screamed for us to fire? 

Yeah, I don’t like Kyle’s personality or his dad’s and some of the decisions they make in terms of players, how they handle conflicts and how they use them etc but I do know that they’re talented offensive minds.

I wanted them fired because they kept botching the draft, whiffed on every defensive draft pick and free agent signing except for Kerrigan, Baker and Cofield, botched trades and couldn’t develop players other than running backs.

Their tenure in DC was not a good one except for the one year that RG3 & Morris carried the team to the NFC East Championship.

Demarco Murray will get released this off season . He still has juice left in him the Titans just fell in love with Henry .

id take Murry he be our best RB and can catch and be a cowbell. Don't let his stats fool you this year .

if Henry wasn't around best believe he would of finished another 1000 yard season .

33 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

Demarco Murray will get released this off season . He still has juice left in him the Titans just fell in love with Henry .

id take Murry he be our best RB and can catch and be a cowbell. Don't let his stats fool you this year .

if Henry wasn't around best believe he would of finished another 1000 yard season .

If we were to sign a rb as old and run down as him, we had better not give him much guaranteed and it had better be cheaper than $5 million a year. Murray has talent, but he’s alwyas been injury prone; even in college and when he was young for the Cowboys. The good thing is we have Perine & Thompson so while Murray would be the starter and get the most carries, we could keep him on a pitch count and try not to give him over 15 carries.

19 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Mike Shanahan (odly @MKnight82 ‘s most favorite Redskins coach other than Gibbs) drafted Niles Paul as a late 5th round pick to be a #5 or 6 WR and a special teams guy, basically gunner because of Paul’s toughness, speed and size/strength for a wr which was a good move. Paul hasn’t just Luck boxed his wash to on the Redskins for 7 years under 2 different coaching staffs. The reason he makes the team is because he’s one of the best special teams players we have, he’s a good “move” blocker, a team first guy and versatile.

It was the Great Mike Shanahan who decided to move Niles Paul to TE because they had 6 other WRs who were better and we had Brandon Banks as our return man. Shanahan wanted to keep Paul because of his special teams play so he made Paul his 3rd TE and Paul has stayed at that spot ever since 2012.

Paul wasn’t moved to TE to be a in-line blocking TE. If that’s something people think, then they need to get it out of their head because it’s not true. Paul was made a TE in his 2nd season because we had better Wrs than him but Shanahan liked Paul as a special teams player and thought he had potential as WR/TE combo which, odly enough when healthy he has played on offense he’s flashed some in that role the last 5 years that he can do that, but not to the elite level that Jordan Reed Can when Reed is healthy.

I don’t disagree that we need a TE who can not only catch and play like a WR like Reed & Davis but can also be a great inline blocker. Hello! That’s why we drafted Jeremy Sprinkle. 

I’ve said since 2014 that we have missed Logan Paulsen as a blocker for our run game more than anyone realizes and we should have kept him in 2015. We should have kept 4 TEs that year, using Paulsen as our inline blocker over on run downs. We certainly haven’t found another TE who can block as well as Logan did since we let him go and Paulsen isn’t even an elite blocker as a TE but he’s certainly a better one than the guys we have now and he was ok as a receiver for a 3rd TE.

Dunno if you heard Cooley this morning. He's apparently going to be working with Jordan this offseason on his blocking. He said Reed has the desire to hit, he just has poor technique (like hat on the wrong side of the defender, etc...). Not sure why Niles also couldn't work out with him.

33 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Dunno if you heard Cooley this morning. He's apparently going to be working with Jordan this offseason on his blocking. He said Reed has the desire to hit, he just has poor technique (like hat on the wrong side of the defender, etc...). Not sure why Niles also couldn't work out with him.

Cooley said that Reed closes his eyes when he blocks, so, if he’s not seeing the target that’s his biggest problem. Cooley used to do that also as a young player but someone pointed it out to him and he fixed it and became a better blocker - I can’t remember who he said told him about it and got him to improve.

Cooley told Reed about it last offseason and Reed just said “ok,” but it’s clear he has to quit doing that. Keeping his eyes open alone will help him become an average blocker.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

If we were to sign a rb as old and run down as him, we had better not give him much guaranteed and it had better be cheaper than $5 million a year. Murray has talent, but he’s alwyas been injury prone; even in college and when he was young for the Cowboys. The good thing is we have Perine & Thompson so while Murray would be the starter and get the most carries, we could keep him on a pitch count and try not to give him over 15 carries.

That's fine I think Murray settles for a one year or two year deal. Is isn't broken down turtle and he hasn't been seriously injured since Dallas .

he and Thompson would be a good dou . I can see him becoming a redskins espically if Bill Callahan was in Dallas .

hes what we need at RB he's just being misused .. I personally think it's a attitude problem.

49 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

That's fine I think Murray settles for a one year or two year deal. Is isn't broken down turtle and he hasn't been seriously injured since Dallas .

he and Thompson would be a good dou . I can see him becoming a redskins espically if Bill Callahan was in Dallas .

hes what we need at RB he's just being misused .. I personally think it's a attitude problem.

He is likely to not play again this playoffs because of a torn MCL, how is that not serious? He’s also going to be 30 next month.

Archived