first mock offseason

LoganF89

On 1/6/2018 at 10:41 PM, mike23md said:

No.Age and injury concerns are there and creeping into his play. 

If he's affordable I don't see why not . It isn't like he will command millions of dollars . He can be a sneaky pick up , he isn't teddy bridgewater bad 

10 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

True or false did you ever think of us signing or trading for Adrian Peterson?

Sure the season started and Rob Kelley looked worse than last year, Perine wasn’t showing anything and our running game was just as bad as it was in 2015 & 16.

This is different, right now we are in the offseason with a chance to draft a running back high in the draft or sign a younger FA than Murray at running back who doesn’t have as long of a history with injuries and isn't 30.

The point is, we have a chance to sign someone younger and with more upside than Murray, we shouldn’t settle for Murray. If we don’t address the running back position early in the draft - which I can’t imagine we won’t - or early in free agency and Murray is still unsigned then I’d sign him.

I wouldn’t make murray a priority in March.

I would absolutely not make Murray a priority nor even notion. Morris is the only guy I would take out of free agency not name Hyde. 

Otherwise, draft Sony Michel or Ronald Jones II. Jay has consistently wanted to get younger so I really doubt a 30 year old injury prone RB would be of interest. My guess is that Jeremy Hill could be brought in for a workout. 

18 minutes ago, mike23md said:

I would absolutely not make Murray a priority nor even notion. Morris is the only guy I would take out of free agency not name Hyde. 

Otherwise, draft Sony Michel or Ronald Jones II. Jay has consistently wanted to get younger so I really doubt a 30 year old injury prone RB would be of interest. My guess is that Jeremy Hill could be brought in for a workout. 

I definitely want to draft a RB in the first 3 rounds over signing one.

If we do sign one, I want Hyde the most, after him its want Hill - which is probably most likely because he played in Cincinnati. 

It would be a hard decision between Morris and Murray based upon what Murray has done since he went to Tennessee. I love Morris, but I think Murray gives you more speed, versatility as a receiver and he’s been more productive than Morris since 2013; of course there’s also the flip side to that that Morris really hasn’t been used much since we didn’t re-sign him after 2015 and he’s got younger/fresher legs.

sign Murray and draft a 3rd round running back

murray-Thompson-(third round RB)-

we go into the season with a good depth at RB. That's 100 times better than the depth we just had this year .

kelly-Perine-Thompson 

If our drafted RB is good than start him over Murray ...simple as that . We need to build depth at RB because we got killed this year with finding a runner . 

I don't mind Morris back either but please for god sake let's bring in some sort of proven guy .

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Thinking back to the 2016 nfl draft, Slateman was right, we should have drafted Derrick Henry. 

We could have traded back 5 to 20 spots, still drafted Henry and got another 3rd & 4th round picks and/or a late round pick.

I think everyone wanted Henry and honestly I regret saying London Collins would suck . But it's fine dude we can build this depth at RB.

third round rookie RB and Murray would be good for us . 

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I definitely want to draft a RB in the first 3 rounds over signing one.

If we do sign one, I want Hyde the most, after him its want Hill - which is probably most likely because he played in Cincinnati. 

It would be a hard decision between Morris and Murray based upon what Murray has done since he went to Tennessee. I love Morris, but I think Murray gives you more speed, versatility as a receiver and he’s been more productive than Morris since 2013; of course there’s also the flip side to that that Morris really hasn’t been used much since we didn’t re-sign him after 2015 and he’s got younger/fresher legs.

I barley seen Hill play but don't underestimate Murray . He won't be here five years but like I said I feel comfortable drafting a RB and signing one . It would help our depth a lot and have more talent on the roster .

6 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Sure the season started and Rob Kelley looked worse than last year, Perine wasn’t showing anything and our running game was just as bad as it was in 2015 & 16.

This is different, right now we are in the offseason with a chance to draft a running back high in the draft or sign a younger FA than Murray at running back who doesn’t have as long of a history with injuries and isn't 30.

The point is, we have a chance to sign someone younger and with more upside than Murray, we shouldn’t settle for Murray. If we don’t address the running back position early in the draft - which I can’t imagine we won’t - or early in free agency and Murray is still unsigned then I’d sign him.

I wouldn’t make murray a priority in March.

Murray not a priority I would offer him a contract and to start . We have leverage because philly and Dallas is on our Division. Not to mention our OL coach worked under him at Dallas .

i agree with drafting a RB because you do want youth and freash legs . 

2 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

sign Murray and draft a 3rd round running back

murray-Thompson-(third round RB)-

we go into the season with a good depth at RB. That's 100 times better than the depth we just had this year .

kelly-Perine-Thompson 

If our drafted RB is good than start him over Murray ...simple as that . We need to build depth at RB because we got killed this year with finding a runner . 

I don't mind Morris back either but please for god sake let's bring in some sort of proven guy .

They just drafted Perine. If they sign Murray, Hill or Hyde - and free agency starts before the draft - they’re not going to draft a running back high in the draft. They might draft one late to develop on the practice squad.

2 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

Murray not a priority I would offer him a contract and to start . We have leverage because philly and Dallas is on our Division. Not to mention our OL coach worked under him at Dallas .

i agree with drafting a RB because you do want youth and freash legs . 

Free agency is before the draft. If we sign a free agent running back we’re not going to draft one until late.

26 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Free agency is before the draft. If we sign a free agent running back we’re not going to draft one until late.

There nothing wrong drafting a third round RB. It shuffles our depth and we finally stay steady at RB . For all we know we hit a gem and find our Mixon type of RB.

i like Murray a lot but even I can say 3 years is all he has .

28 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

They just drafted Perine. If they sign Murray, Hill or Hyde - and free agency starts before the draft - they’re not going to draft a running back high in the draft. They might draft one late to develop on the practice squad.

Perine sucks and he fumbles way to often . He's way to unreliable he should not start next season . He will battle it out with any of those running backs you mentioned .

5 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

Perine sucks and he fumbles way to often . He's way to unreliable he should not start next season . He will battle it out with any of those running backs you mentioned .

Perine doesn’t suck, it’s just yet to be determined if he can be a starter but he also flashed some. He was also just a rookie, he should improve. He was the first Redskins running back to have back to back 100 yard games since alfred Morris. 

5 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Perine doesn’t suck, he’s just not a lead back if you want a great running game. He was also just a rookie. He was the first Redskins running back to have back to back 100 yard games since alfred Morris. 

There’s no way in hell they move on from Perine and cut him after one year. They’ll at least give him 2 like Matt Jones.

He sucks dude i hate this mentality we got as fans . That we randomly think we can find undrafted free agents one mid late rounders and expect a lot .

guess what they barley happens other than morris and the Greek. And Morris isn't on the roster .

we lucked our with lanier .Let's stop being lazy cheap . Spend on players if possible heck Hyde Murray hill won't be expensive .

tired of hoping for late picks to step up . 

Archived