Official Training Camp Thread: Beta Style

MOSteelers56

22 minutes ago, jebrick said:

Johnson is due 16.7M guaranteed.  There are only 3 teams that are even close to being able to take that money.  Jax, Browns and 49'ers

This likely goes borderline ICK, but last night I dreamed that we woke up and we had traded Bell, Foster, Cockrell, and a 2nd for Johnson and Gurley.

I need to get over this cold so I don't need Nyquil anymore.

Allen will be on the PS.  Although I would drop Sensabaugh.  I think he brings nothing to the table that Hilton does not.

Brian Allen is getting better. Not sure if he'll make the 53-man roster, but he's making a push. He's not as much of a project as expected, given his conversion from receiver to corner at Utah. He's an active jammer at the line, his footwork is pretty good and he's a willing tackler. Needs work tracking the ball but he's improving there, too.

If I'm reading this article right, Porter expects Watt to start with Dupree and Harrison to come off the bench. Not that this is that surprising but it is earlier than usual for the Steelers to let that decision known. They must be pretty excited about him.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000829931/article/porter-tj-watt-is-starter-harrison-a-relief-pitcher

5 hours ago, Chieferific said:

If I'm reading this article right, Porter expects Watt to start with Dupree and Harrison to come off the bench. Not that this is that surprising but it is earlier than usual for the Steelers to let that decision known. They must be pretty excited about him.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000829931/article/porter-tj-watt-is-starter-harrison-a-relief-pitcher

It makes sense.   Didnt expect Harrison to start.  They will preserve him as much as they can.

IMO, it came down to Watt and Moats, but Watt has too much upside to keep him off the field.    Moats doesnt offer much outside of a nice play sandwiched between largely mediocre play.  

17 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

It makes sense.   Didnt expect Harrison to start.  They will preserve him as much as they can.

IMO, it came down to Watt and Moats, but Watt has too much upside to keep him off the field.    Moats doesnt offer much outside of a nice play sandwiched between largely mediocre play.  

Oh, it definitely makes sense but as you suggested, I expected them to force Moats into that role throughout the Preseason and maybe even into the first game of the season. I didn't expect them to name Watt the starter this quickly. They must be pleased with what they see. Do you ever remember a Rookie being named a starter this early? Was Burns/Davis?

20 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

Oh, it definitely makes sense but as you suggested, I expected them to force Moats into that role throughout the Preseason and maybe even into the first game of the season. I didn't expect them to name Watt the starter this quickly. They must be pleased with what they see. Do you ever remember a Rookie being named a starter this early? Was Burns/Davis?

You're right, but I think its a combo of knowing that Watt is coming along nicely and knowing that Moats isnt starting caliber and Harrison isnt an every down guy anymore.

IMO, its kind of a no brainer....but its nice to see the Steelers arent dragging their feet and are doing the right thing.   We need to see early what we have in the Watt/Dupree pass rushing combo.    As of RIGHT NOW, I still consider pass rusher a major need going forward until we see something out of both of them....especially Dupree, who really needs to break out this season.    Doesnt need to be elite....but Ill be disappointed if he doesnt have at least 8 sacks.    

On 8/13/2017 at 8:16 AM, warfelg said:

This likely goes borderline ICK, but last night I dreamed that we woke up and we had traded Bell, Foster, Cockrell, and a 2nd for Johnson and Gurley.

I need to get over this cold so I don't need Nyquil anymore.

I think it's time you put down the Nyquil brother. That's a horrible nightmare. xD

42 minutes ago, Displayname said:

Is there any word if golson is back yet or it's serious

The only report I see is that  Senquez Golson's hamstring injury was not serious, but it is reported that he will be out longer than expected. I have no clue what that means. I don't know if he's day to day or what, but I imagine he'll be back sometime soon. It's hard to imagine him missing much or any time during the season - if he even makes the team - if the hamstring injury is not serious.

Archived