Eliot Wolf New Asst. GM - GB Reunion in Cleveland

Mind Character

*****UPDATED***** Wolf Hired as Browns Asst. GM

-------------------------------------

The Packers 2008 Front Office/Scouting Staff:

Ted Thompson - GM (Now: Forced out toward advisor role)

Russ Ball - VP Finance (Now: VP of Football Administration with GB promotion forthcoming)

Brian Gutekunst - Scout (Now: GM of the Pacers)

John Dorsey - Director College Scouting (Now: GM of the Browns)

Eliot Wolf - Ast Director (Now: Director of Football Ops; Reportedly may be heading elsewhere)

Reggie McKenzie - Director Pro Personnel (Now: GM of the Raiders)

Alonzo Highsmith - Scout (Now: VP of Football Ops)

John Schneider - Director of FO (Now: GM of the Seahawks)

---------------------------------------------------------

Mike McCarthy has won the power struggle in Green Bay, but he Board of Directors decision to promote  Brian Gutenkunst has reportedly left Eliot Wolf believing his career advancement and in Green Bay has come to an end.

Without the GB promotion, Wolf is surely to be a top tier GM candidate for other teams; however, it is being reported that should Wolf lose out on some of those opportunities he could join up with John Dorsey and Alonzo HighSmith to form a potent and what some would consider the top Personnel department in the NFL.

With Paul Depodesta as Chief Strategy Officer we could emerge with a potent mixture of traditional scouting expertise and data driven analytical judgment and decision making.

--------------------------------------------

4 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

For the hourly Fire Hue faithful... things might be getting interesting.

We might be about to see the Packer boys get the gang back together again.

I mean F-Hueball/Huebris/Huemaggedon/Huepocalypse/Huey Ricardo Louis & the Bad News.... Am I right?!

-----------------------------------------

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/01/05/if-russ-ball-is-in-mike-mccarthy-may-be-out/

With Alonzo Highsmith and John Dorsey already on board and Elliot Wolff rumored to be next to join the Browns, the final piece of the puzzle seems to be lining up.

Reportedly, Mike McCarthy will be on the market very soon.

The Packers Board of Directors has basically every coach under McCarthy.

They fired:

Defensive Coordinator, Dom Capers

Offensive Coordinator, Edgar Bennett

QB Coach, Alex Van Pelt

DL Coach, Mike Trgovac

LB Coach, Scott McCurley

Now they looked to be set to possibly hire/promote personnel Execs that have bad relationships with McCarthy.

Whoa!  Me rikey!

Im sorry but I love vulturing off these guys. If you woulda told me 2 months ago we would essentially replace Sashi with the heart of Greenbay and KCs FO, Id said, sashi who. Wow, this is good stuff. If McCarthey is fired in the next couple of weeks, do you guys think Jimmy pulls the trigger on Hue?? Any links on the Eliot wolf rumor, or was that purely speculative, @Mind Character?

45 minutes ago, Fatgerman said:

Im sorry but I love vulturing off these guys. If you woulda told me 2 months ago we would essentially replace Sashi with the heart of Greenbay and KCs FO, Id said, sashi who. Wow, this is good stuff. If McCarthey is fired in the next couple of weeks, do you guys think Jimmy pulls the trigger on Hue?? Any links on the Eliot wolf rumor, or was that purely speculative, @Mind Character?

Ron Wolf was the main adviser on the John Dorsey Hire. That's been made know by Jimmy Haslam and multiple reporters (Schefter, RapSheet, Bob McGinn)

McGinn also reported that we wanted Eliot Wolf as our GM; however, Wolf was under the impression that he would be the next in line in the Green Bay succession plan when Ted Thompson called it quits. He's turned down multiple GM opportunities over the years b/c he dreamed one day of being GM over a team his father once presided over.

Yesterday, when McGinn broke the news that Russ Ball as General Manager, and Brian Gutekunst as executive V.P. of football operations, he also mentioned a nugget on his website in a reply to a user comment that this news was reportedly crushing to Eliot Wolf and as he's already interviewed w/ Cleveland if he doesn't get a GM position this hiring cycle at some other team he might end up serving in a senior personnel role here in Cleveland. The only question remaining was can GB repair the damaged relationship.

Archived