Eliot Wolf New Asst. GM - GB Reunion in Cleveland

Mind Character

3 minutes ago, Fatgerman said:

You be nice to Bruce. Hes 65; we could lose him at any moment.

I like to believe that I most take after my maternal grandmother who made it to 96 and, I am convinced, chose to go her way then.

16 minutes ago, bruceb said:

I like to believe that I most take after my maternal grandmother who made it to 96 and, I am convinced, chose to go her way then.

You mean to say we gotta deal with you for another 30 years? Dirty pool, Bruce. Luckily for me with my cholesterol, I only got 10 years til my heart chokes to death on all that fatty goodness

http://www.espn.com/blog/green-bay-packers/post/_/id/43318/new-packers-gm-wants-eliot-wolf-to-stay-but-wouldnt-hold-him-back

“I would envision him kind of being a right-hand man to me,” Gutekunst said of Wolf on Monday following his introductory press conference. “We have a great relationship. I’m very fond of the person, and the scout is excellent. I’ve told him that. I really want him to be here. But I also know he has other opportunities, and I wouldn’t hold him back from that because I care about him. But if he was here, I’d like to get him more involved in the college side of stuff and have a broader approach to what he’s been doing.”

Will Wolf swallow the bitter pill and stay with the Pack....

Looking less likely as every hour passes.

Actually the only way I can see it happening is if Wolf thinks he'll eventually succeed Dorsey here. That he'll be groomed to eventually be our GM

Because in GB the guy Gutenkust who got the job is only 45 so if things to well there Wolf would never really be in a position to get the job

Dorsey is 57 not old at all really, but deff older than 57 so 5 years from now Wolf would be in a much better position to be GM here than in GB

1 hour ago, brownie man said:

Actually the only way I can see it happening is if Wolf thinks he'll eventually succeed Dorsey here. That he'll be groomed to eventually be our GM

Because in GB the guy Gutenkust who got the job is only 45 so if things to well there Wolf would never really be in a position to get the job

Dorsey is 57 not old at all really, but deff older than 57 so 5 years from now Wolf would be in a much better position to be GM here than in GB

Dorsey probably will pitch him as his heir

Not trying to be biased, but if I was an up and coming front office person, and I got passed up on the job I wanted with the organization I was brought up with, and there was another team willing to give me essentially a side by side role with their GM, who I respected and worked with before, and I've got a ton of cap space and draft capital, I go there. Rodgers is amazing, one of the greats, but he is in the last stretch of his career. Send me to the place where I have something to build. 

Archived