D82's 2018 7 Rd Mock Draft w/ FREE AGENCY (01/17 EDIT)

D82

43 minutes ago, Crickett said:

Why would the Browns take the haul for the third consecutive year and pass on drafting a QB in the first round in favor of a second round prospect for the second consecutive year?  You know Sashi Brown was fired, right?

Why would the Giants trade down for a third and Paxton Lynch?  If the Broncos need to trade up for a franchise quarterback, it's because Paxton Lynch has so spectacularly failed in Denver.  On the flip side, the Giants already have a developmental quarterback in Davis Webb and the possibility of drafting a franchise quarterback both before and after the trade. 

Re: Cleveland - the team has a lot of holes. By doing this trade, they are able to get 3 first round picks yet again and acquire a pretty good player in Cordy Glenn to help bolster their OL. I mean a line of:

Thomas - Bitonio - Tretter - Zeitler - Glenn 

is pretty dang good IMO. Sure, they trade away from Darnold/Rosen, etc. but they land Fitzpatrick, Ridley and Oliver then nab Jones before taking Rudolph. A QB isn't going to succeed unless he has a darn good team around him, and as we've seen franchise QBs aren't just found in the 1st round. 

I still think Lynch has potential, but Denver brass want to move on. So, they make the move up a few spots to get a QB and ship Lynch off to New York. Manning isn't done quite yet, so Lynch could learn behind him for a year before taking over the reigns.  

Kudos on making a 7 round mock. Don't take this the wrong way.... 

For Cleveland - I don't like it. That trade put a bad taste in my mouth. 21, 25, and 53 is about 1800 on the points scale. #1 is 3000. Plus #1 is #1. I'd want a lot more bending over the barrel if they want to give us garbage time late/playoff first rounders for the #1 overall in the draft. I would want it lopsided with  them giving us 3500+ points in return. Cleveland needs a QB for the future more than they need 2 extra late first rounders and a 2nd. 

that is all

Mastercheddaar

14 hours ago, Desperado82 said:

32. Minnesota Vikings: Taven Bryan DT, Florida 

64. Minnesota Vikings: Sam Jones OG, Arizona State

96. Minnesota Vikings: Sony Michel RB, Georgia

170. Minnesota Vikings: J’Mon Moore WR, Missouri 

210. Minnesota Vikings: Chase Hansen S, Utah 

220. Minnesota Vikings (comp): M.J. Stewart CB, North Carolina 

222. Minnesota Vikings (comp): Kylie Fitts DE, Utah 

You are giving me feelings.

The good ones.

Only things I would really change is I am a big fan of Teller, so I would probably take him ahead of Adams and maybe look for a QB in the draft.

Either way... feelings

5 hours ago, Desperado82 said:

Damn it, I always end up forgetting somebody. 

I have you guys signing Kirk Cousins. 

I haven’t thought of Cousins as an option for the Cardinals. I’m not opposed to it just think it’s unrealistic with our available cap space. 

1 hour ago, Mastercheddaar said:

Kudos on making a 7 round mock. Don't take this the wrong way.... 

For Cleveland - I don't like it. That trade put a bad taste in my mouth. 21, 25, and 53 is about 1800 on the points scale. #1 is 3000. Plus #1 is #1. I'd want a lot more bending over the barrel if they want to give us garbage time late/playoff first rounders for the #1 overall in the draft. I would want it lopsided with  them giving us 3500+ points in return. Cleveland needs a QB for the future more than they need 2 extra late first rounders and a 2nd. 

that is all

Mastercheddaar

So how about I add in a 2019 1st and 2nd? xD

13 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Interesting.. That's a huuge price to pay but we finally land a franchise QB.

This is an awful trade for the Browns.  It's almost impossible to move up from 21 to number 1, this definitely is not benefitting the Browns. 

First off, great effort on doing another 7 rounder

In the first, I love the Brown pick.

In the second,  give me Frank Ragnow.  LT, RT and C are the problems on our o-line. Bodine needs upgraded.  At guard, we already have Boling, who's good,  Westerman, Redmond, Hopkins, and probably Ogbuehi once he is displaced at LT.  I don' see guard as a need.  The only exception would be if they go BPA with Nelson in the first.

I'd still keep the Cole pick.  Let's have some competition for the C spot, and Mason is versatile enough to play wherever needed.

I like the Fumagalli pick as well.  But we need a MLB, so I would be tempted to take Jewell there.  

The only other change I'd make is give us Falk at 152.  Then grab someone else the following pick.  I forget the rest, and after quoting the whole thing and cutting it down to our picks, and then it all disappeared, I'm not going back again.

Side note:  How can the Browns make that massive trade at #1, still get a shot at Darnold at #4 and pass?  I think the fan reaction would be far worse than the news around here about bringing back Marvin Lewis.

22 hours ago, Desperado82 said:

68. Houston Texans: Tyrell Crosby OT, Oregon

I take it you don't have Mitch Hyatt declaring? If so, you know he's destined for Houston in this spot.

80. Houston Texans (via SEA): Nick Gates OG, Arizona State

Digging the position.

98. Houston Texans (comp): Christopher Herndon TE, Miami 

Digging the position.

105. Houston Texans: Kyzir White S, West Virginia 

Don't know much about him, so I'll have to read up.

181. Houston Texans: Byron Pringle WR, Kansas State 

Ditto.

215. Houston Texans (comp): Kamryn Pettway RB, Auburn 

Oh yes, sign me up!

217. Houston Texans (comp): Kahlil McKenzie DT, Tennessee 

Don't know much about him.

226. Houston Texans: J.T. Barrett QB, Ohio State

Giddy with this pick to back up Watson.

20. Detroit Lions: Vita Vea DT, Washington 

51. Detroit Lions: Jerome Baker OLB, Ohio State

82. Detroit Lions: DeShon Elliott S, Texas

119. Detroit Lions: Rashaan Gaulden CB, Tennessee

154. Detroit Lions: Jalyn Holmes DE, Ohio State

241. Detroit Lions: Hunter Bivin OG, Notre Dame

Nuh-uh, not a fan

Vea is fine no matter what system they're running next year, ok

Baker is a good player but a speedy, undersized LB is not what they'll take at that position, I don't think. They have a couple of those already. It's a very good bet that whatever coach they get will use 3 linebackers more than Caldwell did, which was among the least in the league, and may even be a 4-3 coach. Either way, at least one big linebacker is needed, maybe even more, but not another small and speedy one

They shouldn't need to draft S or CB at all. They have young guys in the secondary to fill in, even if they lose all three FA's

They need DL help so bad because in the last several years, they've done little to address it until round 4 or later - just like they're doing here

Archived