Aaron Rodgers or Brett Favre?

SkolMasterMN

To watch play a game? Favre. He was such a blast to watch. Make something out of nothing, throw a dumb interception on a behind the back underhand throw, then the next time he has the ball he could look like the best QB in history.

Better QB? Rodgers... guy has it all. He could of brought this Browns team to the playoffs.

As most have already said, A-Rod is the better QB but Favre was so much more entertaining to watch.

Favre was the epitome of gunslinger. He would always go for it and whilst it didn't always work, when it did it was great viewing.

Always recall the game against San Francisco in his first Vikings season. Last play of the game he lobs it to the endzone and Greg Lewis catches it right at the edge for a TD. 

Rodgers is the master of the Hail Mary though. He's converted a few in his career. 

2 minutes ago, PFM18 said:

Always recall the game against San Francisco in his first Vikings season. Last play of the game he lobs it to the endzone and Greg Lewis catches it right at the edge for a TD. 

Probably the funnest, and most obnoxious play call ever by a radio announcer, Paul Allen.

Favre was entertaining, no doubt about it.  But he broke your heart, especially in big games after Holmgren left GB.  His gunslinging ways caused him to throw too many picks for my liking.  We Packers fans will always love him for what he, Wolf, Holmgren and White did to bring our franchise back from the Dark Ages but Rodgers is the better player.  I hope with all of the changes being made in GB right now will help bring another championship while Rodgers is still playing at this high level.

5 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Rodgers is even more entertaining. He just so consistently entertaining, the truly amazinger parts maybe don't stand out quite as much.

Rodgers is more entertaining to you because of all the damn good things he does, he will just roll out, escape and make a great throw against any team. SUPER entertaining for Packers fan's because he doesn't mess up as often.

Favre was more entertaining to the everyday fan of an opposing team because he looked like a common guy out there, that likes cheap beer, that plays some backyard football and tried to make anything and everything work. He would make the most bone-headed play, would get lit up on an attempt to throw, and then would look like a super hero and make a perfect drive.

For me, that was pure entertainment.

But once he came to the Vikings, everytime there was pressure, I would crap my pants because I didn't know if he was going to do something amazing, or completely stupid.

I can see why Rodgers is more entertaining tho for you tho, he just does great things all the time. Guy is a freak.

Like everyone has said Rodgers is the better player but Farve was amazing to watch. For his entire career he looked like a 21 year old rookie playing his first game. He loves the game of football and always went for the big one. Made a lot of plays out of nothing. The love of the game is seriously lost along the way for many and some before there first year is over. Everyone thinks about there paycheck whereas he loved every single snap and every single game for the length of his career. 

Different QBs, both equally great in my eyes.  I think AR12 is probably the better QB but I'm not sure I'd take him over #4.  12 takes very little risks and because of that often leaves things on the table.  There was never a throw Brett was scared to make.  That helped and often hurt the Packers.  I think Brett was  ahead of his time as a NFL QB and played in a substantially tougher NFL. 

Archived