Let the Games Begin! Week 18

vike daddy

Just now, vikingsrule said:

I wouldn't sleep on those two backs. they certainly have the ability. 

Oh I'm not sleeping on them. But I trust our defense.

The key to me will be 3rd downs. The Saints are a team that can sustain drives. We either need to hold that down defensively or match them offensively.

Just now, Klomp said:

The key to me will be 3rd downs. The Saints are a team that can sustain drives. We either need to hold that down defensively or match them offensively.

Kamara gashing us is my biggest worry. Need a big game from Barr.

The Vikes seem to do well against offenses that rely on a really good WR 1 because Rhodes can shut his guy down by himself. 

4 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Can’t believe Funchess short armed that catch. 

That was really weird looking. I wonder if his foot slipped and he couldn't push off, or his bum shoulder didn't work the way he wanted it to? Really odd though.

1 minute ago, Heimdallr said:

That was really weird looking. I wonder if his foot slipped and he couldn't push off, or his bum shoulder didn't work the way he wanted it to? Really odd though.

He was having ankle problems, Aikman was saying. Probably couldn't push off. But yeah, should've extended more.

20 minutes ago, Klomp said:

The Vikings are NOT going to match The Saints offensively without stopping several of their drives, AND winning the turnover battle (at LEAST +1).  I predict that The Vikings will win 27-  24 (in a nail biter).

It's getting exciting!   Can not wait for this game:D

To say the Saints are an easy victory is short-sighted.  This promises to be a tough game; however, I think the Vikes D with Linval up front plugs up the interior run lanes.  Then, between Barr and Kendricks, the sideline-to-sideline stuff and screen game should be challenged enough to make it tough on the Saints.  Finally, between Rhodes, Waynes, Newman, Smith and Sendejo, I believe the Vikes can win the match-ups against the Saints WRs and TEs.  As a Viking fan, it's worth-while to see one good bludgeoning per game, so Linval full-force on Kamara would be fun to watch . . . knock those gold teeth to next year . . . lol.

Offensively, the match-ups on Jordan and Lattimore could be tough.  We may need chip help on the Saints pass-rush; however, if Lattimore's singled-up on Theilen, I think Diggs goes off.  

Health is a major component of this game and the Vikes are rested and hungry.  I think the Saints are battle-weary . . . still dangerous.  So, let's start fast and stay strong -- SKOL!!!!

Archived