The Parade

OttoGrahamsGhost

I got on Twitter this morning and immediately saw people tweeting about it. For some reason it annoys the hell out of me. Everyone says Cleveland deserves a good team and the fans deserve this and that. Not today. Mocking a team of first and second year players is ridiculous. I’m sure the vets who have stuck with us through thin and thin really appreciate the support. This will really help usher all the top free agents in the building. Dumb people shouldn’t be allowed to have social media or hold idiotic events. 

My prediction for next season 0 impactful free agents, Joe Thomas retires, our best players demand retirement. I don’t fault Rosen for not wanting to play in Cleveland. At all. At first I thought he was a spoiled brat but now even I’m ashamed for those people. 

Just now, BrownieTheElf said:

I’m sorry but the fact ownership has been this dumb throughout the process, the parade is okay.

You think it’s effecting ownership? The only people it is effecting are the players who come out and play hard every game. I’ve had people come protest my job before and it’s not cool. You think when people come protest military bases or military funerals it effects the president or the generals? No it effects the people involved and their families. 

3 minutes ago, OttoGrahamsGhost said:

You think it’s effecting ownership? The only people it is effecting are the players who come out and play hard every game. I’ve had people come protest my job before and it’s not cool. You think when people come protest military bases or military funerals it effects the president or the generals? No it effects the people involved and their families. 

You’re comparing something totally serious to sports. 

Jimmy Haslam has an ego, he hates looking dumb. He’s got to be upset.

If you don’t think this is totally serious to the players on the team who work almost 365 days a year to improve and earn a living at this job, you’re wrong.

Everyone should take some sort of pride or enjoyment in their job or profession. There are players already calling out this parade. No one likes being mocked. 

I say if you don't like it and don't want anything to do with it just ignore it. I suspect it's mostly people goofing and having fun. Yeah it will probably be a minor media circus but we can always tune it out. Live and let live if you aren't hurting anything. This will probably be the last 0-16 Browns team in our lifetime (I hope) so this is the one chanc to mock it..

1 hour ago, OttoGrahamsGhost said:

1. The parade (protest) isn't about the football players on the team, it's about a failed owner, a winless record, a head coach who was kept after winning 1 game in two seasons, and that fact that it bothers players like Emmanuel Ogbah should mean that it effects the coaches and ownership, and if it ends up being only the players who get fired up over it, that proves the reason the guy put it together in the first place. 

2. ONE victory would have ended the parade. ONE. The owner and his head coach couldn't even find a way to win ONE game. The head coach should have came out and held up his word about jumping in the lake. Why not throw out an option to the parade guy that he will jump in the lake if they stopped the parade and just donated all the proceeds?

3. Charity! This event, whether you or I like it or not, is getting a lot of money to the greater Cleveland Food Bank. The message isn't there, obviously, but there is good coming from this thing. 

4. NONE of the players who backed Hue Jackson getting another chance, INCLUDING Joe Thomas, have a right to ***** about the parade. And I mean that. Our QB play cost us some wins, as it should when you start a rookie QB who wasn't ready and don't have any veteran leadership with him. Starting a rookie QB though shouldn't mean you can't win a game. Manning went 3-13 his rookie year for a reason. Hue Jackson's coaching, clock management, lack of composure, abandoning the run, focusing on his fight against Sashi more than game planning is why we didn't win a game. If you supported a guy who threw your teammates under the bus, who made mistake after mistake as a coach in two years, you get no voice in complaining about a damn parade. This football team would have won at least ONE game if they had no coaches at all, and had to call all the plays and make the personnel adjustments themselves. 

1. Protest or parade whatever they want to call it, in 1999 I couldn’t have imagined the city that begged for a team to come back would act so childish. They didn’t win. Ok. We are used to it. They will be better. I’m just as upset as anyone about Hue still being the coach, protesting a private organization will not do anything. 

2. This is a ridiculous point. You think they tried to lose? No one likes losing. They should have won but they didn’t. Everyone says how Cleveland has the best fans and we deserve a winner. Yeah. Sure. 

3. They could have just donated to the Food Bank. Why use a charity to ty to save face for a dumb idea. 

4. I don’t care who complains about the parade. I really don’t. I care about its impact on who wants to come play here or decides to continue playing here. They have a hard enough time getting FAs and players to stay here, having a childish fan base who mocks their team will really help. The team sucked the coaches sucked worse. It doesn’t change that mocking their effort is people just being childish assholes. 

47 minutes ago, OttoGrahamsGhost said:

Everyone should take some sort of pride or enjoyment in their job or profession. There are players already calling out this parade. No one likes being mocked. 

A few things:

1. Everyone SHOULD take some sort of pride and enjoyment in their profession. Maybe the players, coaches, and front office should have thought of that before they all laid down and quit, going winless, at the expense of fans' pocket-books. That theory goes both ways.

2. No one likes being mocked. If they just won 1 game this year it wouldn't happen. Tough noogies. If I were the owner, I'd make the entire lot of them go and see what their incompetence has done to this city that still sells out games and buys their worthless memorabilia. They have all of this coming and MUCH MORE.

3. We're the ones who have been mocked for the last (twenty)3 years. It's the players, coaches, front office, and ownership's fault. Time for them to own it.

That said, this parade is, of course, STUPID.

1 minute ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

99% of these players are easily replaceable. I don’t care what those losers think of the protest/parade. Win a game. 

Lol. If they were so easily replaced then why haven’t they been? Where are these players who wanna come here and play? Because they always have cap space and get no free agents that play well. 

1 hour ago, OttoGrahamsGhost said:

1. Protest or parade whatever they want to call it, in 1999 I couldn’t have imagined the city that begged for a team to come back would act so childish. They didn’t win. Ok. We are used to it. They will be better. I’m just as upset as anyone about Hue still being the coach, protesting a private organization will not do anything. 

2. This is a ridiculous point. You think they tried to lose? No one likes losing. They should have won but they didn’t. Everyone says how Cleveland has the best fans and we deserve a winner. Yeah. Sure. 

3. They could have just donated to the Food Bank. Why use a charity to ty to save face for a dumb idea. 

4. I don’t care who complains about the parade. I really don’t. I care about its impact on who wants to come play here or decides to continue playing here. They have a hard enough time getting FAs and players to stay here, having a childish fan base who mocks their team will really help. The team sucked the coaches sucked worse. It doesn’t change that mocking their effort is people just being childish assholes. 

1. There are 7,000-10,000 people out in the weather (which coincidently it was 0 degrees out with a wind chill factor of -16, 0-16, get it?) who are out there with the mindset that it will make a difference, and I'm willing to bet that a lot of them attend more games than most of us do. If the owner could put the organization together as well as Reflog_18 put the parade together, we wouldn't be having this discussion to begin with.

2. So you're in the "A for effort" camp then? You're a fan of the Hue Jackson "they fought, they played hard, they never lost effort, I'll have to watch the tape" post game press conferences then? 

3. Were you a fan last year? If so, you'd clearly remember that's exactly what happened. About 20k was donated to the Food Bank. 

4. The minute you start to blame a parade rather than the owner and front office and coaching staff of this winless football team is when you let the football organization win. This event will have nothing to do with us attracting free agents, or top draft picks wanting to play here. The people running the team and making decisions and put in charge of developing the players have everything to do with that. It's cool though, Jimmy Haslem loves fans like you. If he knew you were blaming the parade instead of him he would invite you into the owners suite to watch a game with him. 

1 minute ago, OttoGrahamsGhost said:

Lol. If they were so easily replaced then why haven’t they been? Where are these players who wanna come here and play? Because they always have cap space and get no free agents that play well. 

They do get replaced.. like every year. Our roster turnover is huge. Most of guys we have now will be gone as soon as the offseason begins. 

5 minutes ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

1. There are 7,000-10,000 people out in the weather (which coincidently it was 0 degrees out with a wind chill factor of -16, 0-16, get it?) who are out there with the mindset that it will make a difference, and I'm willing to bet that a lot of them attend more games than most of us do. If the owner could put the organization together as well as Reflog_18 put the parade together, we wouldn't be having this discussion to begin with.

2. So you're in the "A for effort" camp then? You're a fan of the Hue Jackson "they fought, they played hard, they never lost effort, I'll have to watch the tape" post game press conferences then? 

3. Were you a fan last year? If so, you'd clearly remember that's exactly what happened. About 20k was donated to the Food Bank. 

4. The minute you start to blame a parade rather than the owner and front office and coaching staff of this winless football team is when you let the football organization win. This event will have nothing to do with us attracting free agents, or top draft picks wanting to play here. The people running the team and making decisions and put in charge of developing the players have everything to do with that. It's cool though, Jimmy Haslem loves fans like you. If he knew you were blaming the parade instead of him he would invite you into the owners suite to watch a game with him. 

1. I don’t like Haslam but I don’t think this effects him at all. I’m sure they spend more money going to games than I do I like 800 miles away. But when I do go visit my family there I go to the games if they are home. But I still buy merchandise and memorabilia. 

2. I’m not in Hue’s camp. I wanted him gone when they let go of Sashi. 

3. I’ve been a fan for all of my life 35 years. 

4. I blame the ownership and coach. I’m upset they got rid of sashi. I’m pissed that his plan was only seen half way through. If you think it was his idea to open $100 M in cap space, and wasn’t inline with what Haslam wanted than I don’t know what to tell you. 

Archived