The Parade

OttoGrahamsGhost

Real fans didn't want a stupid parade. We wanted a win. Ownership, FO, and Coaching couldn't deliver one. I'm 100% positive I could have maddened an offensively game plan better than Hue. I could have managed the clock from my couch better than Hue. My mock drafts were better than sashi's actual drafts. AND I know for one thing, I would not have gone into the season with rookie QBs that never won a pro game. 

In short, Haslam is an idiot, Sashi was an idiot, and Hueball needs fired. So let the HAHAHAHAHA perfect season passive agressive D bags mock this clown college of a team with their little parade. UGH

That is all

Mastercheddaar

1 hour ago, Mastercheddaar said:

Real fans didn't want a stupid parade. We wanted a win. Ownership, FO, and Coaching couldn't deliver one. I'm 100% positive I could have maddened an offensively game plan better than Hue. I could have managed the clock from my couch better than Hue. My mock drafts were better than sashi's actual drafts. AND I know for one thing, I would not have gone into the season with rookie QBs that never won a pro game. 

In short, Haslam is an idiot, Sashi was an idiot, and Hueball needs fired. So let the HAHAHAHAHA perfect season passive agressive D bags mock this clown college of a team with their little parade. UGH

That is all

Mastercheddaar

Kudos Sir!

As I said before, if Haslam was able to organize a front office and coaching staff as well as Reflog_18 organized an 0-16 Browns parade, we wouldn't be in this mess and there wouldnt be a parade to begin with. 

Its not my thing, but I’m not going to knock fans for the parade. Players backlash is kind of silly. Fans have no control over 0-16 or 1-31. What do they expect from fans? That they all stew in misery because the team can’t win? Fans have the right to have whatever fun they want. Start winning games, and maybe fans can celebrate that.

43 minutes ago, OttoGrahamsGhost said:

It’s funny to me that people who are fans of this team support this mockery. I guess to each their own. I’ve been a fan for as long as I can remember and modell moving the team and not having the Browns were reason to protest. They lost bad the last couple of seasons, big deal. They’ve been losing for a long time. Hopefully it gets better. 

I don't have an opinion one way or the other and I don't live in the Cleveland market so I may be wrong but this always seemed like a silly thing not like an angry protest.

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

I don't have an opinion one way or the other and I don't live in the Cleveland market so I may be wrong but this always seemed like a silly thing not like an angry protest.

I'm not sure how difficult it is to get City permission to organize a protest. It was simple for the guy to organize a parade, though. Protests also don't typically lead to charity donations, or sponsorships from Excedrin and Farmers Only Dot Com. 

Certainly the guy could have gotten some fans together to do an actual "protest", but that doesn't get the same amount of people, money, recognition, etc. as "parade" does. And in this form, the parade was in fact a protest. 

6 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

99% of these players are easily replaceable. I don’t care what those losers think of the protest/parade. Win a game. 

You’re right.

Other than Joe T, Myles and Josh Gordon I wouldn’t lose sleep if the entire roster got traded. When you go 0-16 you lose the right to get upset at what fans say and do. It’d be different if they went 4-12 or something. However, going 0-16 means we can question how hard you actually tried all year.

15 minutes ago, duke2056 said:

Otto you have a very skewed/warped/weird view on that the parade was all about.

I watched interviews of the people who organized it and people who were there.

Especially since they braved some pretty harsh elements to be there, these people are diehard fans.

8 minutes ago, bruceb said:

I watched interviews of the people who organized it and people who were there.

Especially since they braved some pretty harsh elements to be there, these people are diehard fans.

Yeah, its more of a fan therapy session than anything else.  

I had totally forgotten about the parade until I went to Cleveland.com this morning and it was posted live.  I have to admit that I was embarrassed by it.  In my opinion, and this is only an opinion, the parade/protest just added fuel to the Cleveland jokes fire.  Do I think Haslam was furious and embarrassed, I do, but I also don't think it will actually change anything.  Hue isn't going to be fired all of a sudden (unfortunately), and Haslam isn't going to sell the team tomorrow (unfortunately Part II).  I will say this though,  I was shocked by the turnout and how people were willing to brave the bitter cold.  Oh well.  The parade has come and gone.  Nothing we can do about it.

Peace!!!

6 minutes ago, cortes02 said:

I was shocked by the turnout and how people were willing to brave the bitter cold.

People came from Maine, Utah and all kinds of other places for it.

The people who participated were diehard fans.

If the weather had been more hospitable, there would have been 5-10 times as many.

45 minutes ago, duke2056 said:

Otto you have a very skewed/warped/weird view on that the parade was all about.

Will read the thread later but from the first few posts i am pretty confident in my assertion of your views.

I don’t see how thinking anyone doesn’t think it was mocking the teams effort. So if that’s skewed/warped/weird then ok. 

I understand it was a “protest” about the record. I have been on the receiving end of a protest a couple times and regardless of the message that is being sent and your principles it still sucks. 

Not sure how this is motivation for any of them. If someone comes to your work and tells you how bad you suck, and then throws a parade because you sucked, how is that going to motivate you? Negativity does not motivate. Anyone who has taken any type or leadership classes or courses would know that. 

Archived