2017 Wild Card Round

Leader

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

ATL will beat Philly next week if their defense plays this well again. Not even sure it will be that close.

Wouldn’t be surprised if they do. No faith in Philly without Wentz. That’s too huge an injury to overcome this time of year. 

1 minute ago, HorizontoZenith said:

The NFL has a replay problem.  It needs to do something to change this because there have been like 16 big catches overturned.  It completely kills any excitement from scoring at all.  It needs to go back to two challenges, a third if two are successful.  Eliminate automatic scoring/turnover reviews.  You can't even celebrate until after the review.  It's just absolute bullcrap that needs to stop. 

Disagree. The most important thing is make sure the call is correct. Refs shouldn't decide a game and they blow wayyyy too many calls on the field. They need to expand replay to pass interference calls which often can change the entire course of a game.

1 minute ago, dcerb44 said:

I may be in the minority on this but I prefer to have automatic replay on all scoring/turnover plays. Takes the game out of the refs hand on such important plays to ensure the proper calls that directly impact the game. 

I agree.  Would suck for a team to use their challenges on plays in the early part of the game and then not have a challenge left when it would be needed.  

Just now, Sasquatch said:

Who wins the NFC wild card game tomorrow - Carolina or Saints?  Which of the two teams is bet suited to take down Minny in Minny next weekend?

Saints are the best suited. I think Minny takes Carolina with ease. 

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

Saints are the best suited. I think Minny takes Carolina with ease. 

I agree with that too.  In fact, I’m hoping for that game - a rematch of the infamous “bounty gate” game.  Hope Brees passes all over that defense!

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

Saints are gonna roll into the SB.

Man I hope so.  I think they’re best suited to match up with either the Pats or Steelers.  Or, could we see a sleeper like Jacksonville or Tennessee squeak in?  That’s why they play the games.

I have no problem with the idea of replays, but rather how much time it takes to make the damn call. If it's a simple "did he get his feet inbounds" call.. it shouldn't take 4 minutes out of the game to decide when the replay is so clear. It should be:

1. Check under the hood

2. Obvious his feet are down.

3. Call stands.

4. Restart game.

This should take no more than 30-45 seconds. It's ridiculous how much it slows the game down. I hate it.

14 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Both underdogs won today.  I don’t think that’ll be the case tomorrow.  I think the Jaguars cover the 8.5 spread against the Bills and I think Carolina covers the 6.5 tomorrow.  

Jacksonville has a monster defense but they have zero playoff experience. They'd have to go on the road in Pitt and NE to get to the Bowl. A team that's never been in the playoffs has about a 1% chance of beating 2 Superbowl MVPs in consecutive weeks away from their home stadium. 

3 minutes ago, SassyFascistAlphaGuy said:

Jacksonville has a monster defense but they have zero playoff experience. They'd have to go on the road in Pitt and NE to get to the Bowl. A team that's never been in the playoffs has about a 1% chance of beating 2 Superbowl MVPs in consecutive weeks away from their home stadium. 

But do you see them winning tomorrow?  Covering the 8.5 spread?  I agree with you on you other comments though.

After watching ATL against the LAR last night - I think they're hitting stride at the right time. The stage definitely looked too large for LA - but they'll be back next year. ATL has a balanced look to them and their D is showing clear signs of SEA-like speed and extra-curricular holding and hitting - with payoffs. Although I thought PHIL the most balanced NFC team in the Playoffs - the inclusion of Foles into that equation has given me pause to think that ATL can take them.

Archived