One name.. Alex Smith

brownie man

What to do if we trade for Alex Smith?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Best option

• Still take QB at 1 and go BPA at 4
    • Draft Saquon at 1 and Minkah at 4 get QB later
    • Get either Saquon Chubb or Minkah after trade down from 1 or 4 to get more picks
    • Trade down from 1 and 4

This is the answer

Pick 33 has to go now 

Nobody is going to give up a first round pick

But I'd give up 33 and ask for Smith and a 5th back 

The question would be what do we do at 1 and 4 after the trade 

Do we still draft a QB?

Do we go Saquaon and Fitzpatrick and try to get one later?

Do we trade down with either spot and try to recoup some ammo since we traded a pick for him?

I say don't force it. I'm fine with Smith, good idea in fact. But we don't need to go nuts if they ask too much.

I'd definitely give the Eagles 2nd rounder. I don't know about 33. That's a prime pick. Though Alex Smith would likely be a fantastic vet option to hold down the fort, give this team credibility and even mentor Darnold along. They are both from areas not far apart... it could be a great relationship to have.

Just now, brownie man said:

I think Smith is a better QB than Cousins. 

Cousins is just good enough to be ok and he’d stop us from going QB high. I still want a top talent at QB. Getting Smith allows you to do that 

They’ll both put us in the mediocre category. 

Just now, Bonanza23 said:

They’ll both put us in the mediocre category. 

True but that’s bro good if you can get a QB that can get you to the top. You can do that if you draft a QB at 1 or 4 but if you sign Cousins you can’t do that. He’d require too much commitment 

I don't think the chiefs are going to get much for Alex Smith. They want to move on and need the cap space. #33 overall for him is too much in my mind. I'd again give them Philly's 2nd and a 5th maybe a 4th. There are other vets out there we could try to pick up first. I do however feel this is the way Dorsey will want to go. BTW draft best QB and BPA at 1 and 4. Screw this trade back garbage. 

that is all

Mastercheddaar

32 minutes ago, brownie man said:

True but that’s bro good if you can get a QB that can get you to the top. You can do that if you draft a QB at 1 or 4 but if you sign Cousins you can’t do that. He’d require too much commitment 

Trust me I’m on the trade for Smith take Darnold bandwagon. 

7 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Let’s try out 3-4 years first to see if we like it. 

Yuck. I hate mediocrity, I’ve lived it. Trust me when I say this. If we trade for Smith  and go 6-10 7-9 8-8 8-8 you’ll be the first to complain about these guys. I know you my man. 

Id much rather be either Philly or the Rams right now. They both have a shot at the big win for YEARS to come. Why? They got young studs. Darnold or Rosen imo will also be. 

I'd give them a few of the lower picks we have not 33that can be used easily to jump back into the 1st if we need it to. 

That siad i ad I want Alex Smirh. Hopefully he plays poorly and they lose round 1 in the playoffs. Decrease the value. 

If if they win the super bowl then he is some sought of qb wizard. 

That would be a super Browns thing.

Bring in a a 34 years old game manager QB that doesnt fit even remotely what our HC wants. 

Hue just made the youngest QB in the league throw deep passes at a higher rate than anyone in the league, is that Smith's strong skill? 

2 minutes ago, Browns1987 said:

That would be a super Browns thing.

Bring in a a 34 years old game manager QB that doesnt fit even remotely what our HC wants. 

Hue just made the youngest QB in the league throw deep passes at a higher rate than anyone in the league, is that Smith's strong skill? 

Archived