Week 18: Titans vs. Chiefs

gopherwrestler

3 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Eric Decker says, "And the hands of a GAWD!"

That's the real reason his wife married him.

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I hate forward progress. If you're going to allow HBs to keep pushing for yards after they're wrapped up, you shouldn't blow those plays dead.

There were multiple bowl games where the refs refused to blow the whistle on this types of plays to the point I'm amazed someone didn't get hurt.

If a lineman has to push a running back into the end zone because the RB was stopped...by definition, the forward progress stopped.

2 minutes ago, BroncoSojia said:

Is it too early to mention that the Broncos have a more recent playoff win in Arrowhead than the Chiefs?

It's one of the tougher stadiums to play at. Speaks to the coaching and construction of the team over time.

Just now, jrry32 said:

As long as Mariota is on the ground and still fighting, the play shouldn't be blown dead. It's only fair. If Mariota wants to fight and lose yardage, that's on him.

If the rules are changed then these guys would be taught to go limp as soon as they lose like 5 yards then.

Just now, Ragnarok said:

That's the real reason his wife married him.

There were multiple bowl games where the refs refused to blow the whistle on this types of plays to the point I'm amazed someone didn't get hurt.

If a lineman has to push a running back into the end zone because the RB was stopped...by definition, the forward progress stopped.

It would be nice if they enforced it like that.

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

It would be nice if they enforced it like that.

But it's a scrum!  And announcers love calling that!

Like...if I was a RB and had guys draped over me and clinging to my legs and my own lineman hit me in the back I'd be pissed.  That's asking to get hurt.

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

I mean, not really, the guy was still going forward. It seems to me that most refs have some sort of unwritten rule where if the ball hasn't moved more than a foot for like 3 seconds they blow it dead, and as soon as the guy starts getting pushed back they blow it dead. The rule is good for safety because otherwise ball carriers  would get stood up and then pile-driven into the ground instead of just letting everybody stop pushing.

Archived