Week 18: Titans vs. Chiefs

gopherwrestler

Also, I just want to add on about how brutal that "forward progress" call was at the end of the first half. How the HELL do you say a guy getting tackled is having his forward progress stopped?!?

Lastly, Marcus Mariota is not good. I've never watched a game and came away impressed with him as a QB.

10 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

Still not particularly impressed with him as a passer, though. He missed a decent number of open guys this game. Bad pick. Bad goalline pass that just got lucky.

Great as a runner, certainly seems like a good leader and an excellent guy in terms of effort, but nothing about this game redeemed him as a passer, which is the main criticism.

As was pointed out earlier in the thread, his mechanics still need work.  Some of it might be regression on the heels of the knee injury from last year.  Personally, I don't think the coaching is doing him any favors in that respect either.  His QB coach is in his first gig at that respective position (was previously a TE coach; albeit he did play QB himself up to the collegiate level).  And Mularkey has a track record of his QB's having fairly shoddy mechanics and often improving rather quickly once he is bounced and they're able to get proper coaching.

1 minute ago, Darth Pees said:

Also, I just want to add on about how brutal that "forward progress" call was at the end of the first half. How the HELL do you say a guy getting tackled is having his forward progress stopped?!?

Lastly, Marcus Mariota is not good. I've never watched a game and came away impressed with him as a QB.

Honestly, this game was some of the worst reffing I've seen. The Mariota and Kelce non-fumbles were both atrocious. Both potentially game altering. The hold by Harris wasn't a hold. Tennessee had to challenge one of the worst live ball spots I think I've ever seen. The refs were genuinely just lost on several occasions. To the detriment and favor of both teams.

2 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

The Chiefs forum GDT is like those videos of someone who got a fake winning lottery ticket.

Half the pages are full of exciting, happy posts then you can see the moment where they realize it's not true.

Don't you remember how sad our last couple of playoff gameday threads went?

Just now, Jakuvious said:

Honestly, this game was some of the worst reffing I've seen. The Mariota and Kelce non-fumbles were both atrocious. Both potentially game altering. The hold by Harris wasn't a hold. Tennessee had to challenge one of the worst live ball spots I think I've ever seen. The refs were genuinely just lost on several occasions. To the detriment and favor of both teams.

Jeff Triplette man. Never fails. How he's an "all star official" is beyond me.

1 minute ago, Jakuvious said:

For being an "All-Star" crew, these guys missed so many calls, but that Mariota non-fumble call that couldn't even be challenged was by far the worst, because apparently a guy getting tackled now means his forward progress is stopped and thus can't fumble. If that were the case, fumbles wouldn't exist except for guys lunging forward.

Just now, Darth Pees said:

For being an "All-Star" crew, these guys missed so many calls, but that Mariota non-fumble call that couldn't even be challenged was by far the worst, because apparently a guy getting tackled now means his forward progress is stopped and thus can't fumble. If that were the case, fumbles wouldn't exist except for guys lunging forward.

That and where Mularkey had to waste a challenge because they were 3 yards off on a spot where my personal highlights of the game. I've never in my life seen such stupidity like I've seen on those two plays from refs.

3 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Jeff Triplette man. Never fails. How he's an "all star official" is beyond me.

I was floored when I saw he was the ref. Heck, I'm still stunned that he is still employed by the league. He should have been gone years ago.

Hell of a comeback win and congrats to all the Titan fans.

Archived