Week 18: Titans vs. Chiefs

gopherwrestler

Just now, .Buzz said:

Oh I agree. We're a bad matchup with you guys. IDK that I'm THAT worried though after watching that last game. Our special teams had one of it's worst outings of the season and we gift wrapped 6 points with that muffed punt and fumble on our 30.

I think it'd be a good game.

We are trolling Titans fans as if we're the Pats? I don't think so. We just hate each other a lot. Impossible for me to cheer for that franchise. I'm sure it's the same way for them. 

You are correct, sir. I pray we somehow meet in the championship game. I want it more than the superbowl, tbh.

Just now, .Buzz said:

We are trolling Titans fans as if we're the Pats? I don't think so. We just hate each other a lot. Impossible for me to cheer for that franchise. I'm sure it's the same way for them. 

I get that, but the Jags have yet to win their wildcard game.   While its extremely probable, it isnt guaranteed.    The Titans are already in the divisional round and while its a "David vs Goliath" matchup, they are still one step closer than the Jags at this point.   So laughing at the Titans chances is a bit premature.  

2 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I get that, but the Jags have yet to win their wildcard game.   While its extremely probable, it isnt guaranteed.    The Titans are already in the divisional round and while its a "David vs Goliath" matchup, they are still one step closer than the Jags at this point.   So laughing at the Titans chances is a bit premature.  

Just because we may not win/haven't won doesn't mean we can't talk about the Titans chances vs the Pats. We aren't discussing the division in here, this is all about the Titans who punched their ticket to next week.

45 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

Also, I just want to add on about how brutal that "forward progress" call was at the end of the first half. How the HELL do you say a guy getting tackled is having his forward progress stopped?!?

Lastly, Marcus Mariota is not good. I've never watched a game and came away impressed with him as a QB.

It was just as brutal as the non-review/call of the Kelece fumble.  Hate to see it happen with the concussion, but he fumbled the ball and didn't even get a review. I believe the Chiefs went on to score there.  

The refs were horrrrrribble.  But their horrible calls effected that game for both teams.

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

It was just as brutal as the non-review/call of the Kelece fumble.  Hate to see it happen with the concussion, but he fumbled the ball and didn't even get a review. I believe the Chiefs went on to score there.  

The refs were horrrrrribble.  But their horrible calls effected that game for both teams.

Agreed. Chiefs fans are as quick to blame the refs as any fanbase, but the consensus in the GDT is that the refs sucked for us, they sucked for you, and in the end the game still wasn't decided by them anyways. The Mariota sack was a fumble that could've been a 3 - 10 point swing depending on if we got a return on it. But the Kelce catch should also have been a fumble, on a drive we got a TD and would've been Tennessee in FG range, so that's potentially a 7 - 10 point swing. The hold on Demetrius Harris was a bad call, which would've helped us late. But the phantom foul on the running into the punter punt actually spotted the Chiefs 50 yards in the end. There was a really egregious hold missed on Hali on a 3rd down conversion by Tennessee, and the refs just forgot how to spot the ball properly and forced Tennessee to challenge. There were a good dozen mistakes by the refs, but honestly every mistake that hurt one team was countered by one that hurt the other. It was a wash of ineptitude in the end.

Just now, Darth Pees said:

Just a neutral observation. I don't think I've seen any non-Titans or non-Oregon fans say Mariota is a good QB.

Pretty much everyone agrees that he's had a down year, but pretty much no one except haters are going to say he's a bad QB.

Mariota is starting to come to life, if you’ve never seen a qb mature then you are currently watching 1, take note. Seen the same from Mac 9. At first ppl were calling for his head then he matured in the playoffs and took us to the Super Bowl. We’re watching something special

1 minute ago, Jakuvious said:

Agreed. Chiefs fans are as quick to blame the refs as any fanbase, but the consensus in the GDT is that the refs sucked for us, they sucked for you, and in the end the game still wasn't decided by them anyways. The Mariota sack was a fumble that could've been a 3 - 10 point swing depending on if we got a return on it. But the Kelce catch should also have been a fumble, on a drive we got a TD and would've been Tennessee in FG range, so that's potentially a 7 - 10 point swing. The hold on Demetrius Harris was a bad call, which would've helped us late. But the phantom foul on the running into the punter punt actually spotted the Chiefs 50 yards in the end. There was a really egregious hold missed on Hali on a 3rd down conversion by Tennessee, and the refs just forgot how to spot the ball properly and forced Tennessee to challenge. There were a good dozen mistakes by the refs, but honestly every mistake that hurt one team was countered by one that hurt the other. It was a wash of ineptitude in the end.

I can agree with all this.

If they would have called the Mariota fumble a fumble, I would have been more mad at the staff and QB. But also been made at the whistle. He was too hesitant. Let them play or call it....

If we would lost, I would point to those calls too. We've been on the losing end several times this year because of it. 
In the end the players did decide the game for the most part....
If Kelce doesn't get hurt, we would have lost. We had no answer for him. Nobody to guard him.

2 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Pretty much everyone agrees that he's had a down year, but pretty much no one except haters are going to say he's a bad QB.

I agree, but I think the reaction comes from that particular poster constantly putting Mariota on a pedestal when he has good games and making excuses when he isnt playing well.    

I like Mariota as an NFL QB alot more than I thought I would when he came out, but he has some notable flaws that still need to be worked out, and maybe an offensive system better suited to his play style.  

Archived