Week 18: Titans vs. Chiefs

gopherwrestler

12 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

I'll have to go back and watch the game, since I overslept. ¬¬

Still, it's nice to see Mariota help his team to a come from behind win in the playoffs. Still a fan of his, and still think he has room to grow despite the critics. He didn't seem as bad to me this year as his statistics indicated. He has to bring his A game next week against the Patriots though. The entire team does really, but it starts with him. 

Most 4th quarter comebacks in the league this year. And now adds another one in the playoffs.

2 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Fortunate how? Our franchise Qb has been injured all year until last week and he no training camp or offseason workouts. We were also missing our #5 overall pick for 8 weeks. People act like we didn't beat anyone. We were 4-2 against teams with a winning record. Everyone likes to talk up the Jags every week, and we punched them in the mouth, twice. Beat the Seahawks and the Ravens, and just went into Arrowhead with a team that has ONE player on it that has playoff experience and won the game while everyone save for Teddy Bruschi and Randy Moss said we were going to get destroyed.

I predicted you to win :^[

2 hours ago, Darth Pees said:

Also, I just want to add on about how brutal that "forward progress" call was at the end of the first half. How the HELL do you say a guy getting tackled is having his forward progress stopped?!?

Lastly, Marcus Mariota is not good. I've never watched a game and came away impressed with him as a QB.

-____-

20 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Fortunate how? Our franchise Qb has been injured all year until last week and he no training camp or offseason workouts. We were also missing our #5 overall pick for 8 weeks. People act like we didn't beat anyone. We were 4-2 against teams with a winning record. Everyone likes to talk up the Jags every week, and we punched them in the mouth, twice. Beat the Seahawks and the Ravens, and just went into Arrowhead with a team that has ONE player on it that has playoff experience and won the game while everyone save for Teddy Bruschi and Randy Moss said we were going to get destroyed.

They barely beat the Bengals/Colts/Browns

they somehow won tiebreakers over the Chargers/Ravens (teams with positive point differential) despite having a negative point differential

1 minute ago, CKS97 said:

they somehow won tiebreakers over the Chargers/Ravens (teams with positive point differential) despite having a negative point differential

Bruh, we beat the Ravens, decisively. Do you watch football? Point differential doesn't mean squat. It's a 16 game sample size (which is way too small to matter) and the point differential is skewed by two games (Texans & Steelers).

3 minutes ago, CKS97 said:

The point differential thing is the most overplayed stat I think I've ever seen. We got the **** kicked out of us by Houston, and outside of that game had a point differential of +21. We had a +31 point differential vs teams with a winning record.

Such a weird, overused stat that can be skewed so heavily by just one result.

Just now, TitanLegend said:

The point differential thing is the most overplayed stat I think I've ever seen. We got the **** kicked out of us by Houston, and outside of that game had a point differential of +21. We had a +31 point differential vs teams with a winning record.

Such a weird, overused stat that can be skewed so heavily by just one result.

It's a stat that's used heavily in baseball and by in large and very useful and predictable stat for which teams are good or not, but it's not the same thing here. Baseball has 162 game sample size, NFL has 16. Point differential doesn't work when one game can skew it so far to one side.

3 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Unfortunately missed the game. Sounds like a pretty historic choke job. What was the deal? Poor coaching? Execution? Penalty trouble?

Basically the 2014 and 2015 Heisman winners took over.

Oh and Kelce got knocked out of the game and for whatever reason they only ran Hunt like 5 times in the second half with an 18 point lead. Andy Reid for you ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Archived