Titans to sign Erik Walden OLB

KingTitan

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

So...about releasing Tretola because of the environment Mularkey and JR are trying to build...

I personally don't think they are going to release Tretola because of environment. I think they will release him because of play, depth and then the events could be a deal breaker. 

Off (and on)field stuff aside, I really like this signing. Depth at OLB was one of my biggest concerns for the team. Walden should be an ideal 3rd backer behind Orakpo/Morgan and should be a decent starter(based on last year) if one of them were to go down.

11 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Very good signing. Our depth sucks at OLB. Signing Walden makes me feel a hell of a lot better. He's a prick for what he did to Walker but they're both pro's. I'm sure they'll get over it. 

I forgot about the Walker play too. I'm really disappointed by this.

3 minutes ago, Farsendor1 said:

They are going to be all right. Most of that just happens in the moment and doesn't carry over. 

For someone that spent dozens of posts arguing about Terrelle Pryor's "character concerns," to go out and sign a girlfriend beating, dirty player is pretty frustrating.

3 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

For someone that spent dozens of posts arguing about Terrelle Pryor's "character concerns," to go out and sign a girlfriend beating, dirty player is pretty frustrating.

UGH, I need to read more about this guy it seems. I just remember him from the Colts. I don't know anything about him other than that. 

I think I'm probably more against him because I was working in the sports department of the Green Bay newspaper at the time.

He was charged with felony assault of the mother of his children. She backed off the story once she realized the guy supporting her and her child could face legit jail time and then wouldn't testify.

it was a pretty terrible situation.

For the people legitimately mad over the Walker play get over it it's football stuff happens he didn't miss games or get hurt it was a dumb move by Walden but stuff happens they are adults trying to accomplish one goal I'm sure they are over it and ready to get things going this weekend 

1 minute ago, Titans fan 617 said:

For the people legitimately mad over the Walker play get over it it's football stuff happens he didn't miss games or get hurt it was a dumb move by Walden but stuff happens they are adults trying to accomplish one goal I'm sure they are over it and ready to get things going this weekend 

Ripping a players helmet off and then head butting him with your helmet on after the play is completely over isn't a football thing, it's assault. Just like what Haynesworth did to Gurode was assault.

But honestly, the Walker thing is secondary and just adds to my disappointment. After spending the offseason being told about the culture we are building and that guys like Pryor didn't fit, and Tretola should be cut after getting shot and being charged with nothing, signing a woman-beater  is ummm...sad. Just sad.

3 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

But honestly, the Walker thing is secondary and just adds to my disappointment. After spending the offseason being told about the culture we are building and that guys like Pryor didn't fit, and Tretola should be cut after getting shot and being charged with nothing, signing a woman-beater  is ummm...sad. Just sad.

I agree with this. That isn't the kind of guy I want on Titans roster not someone I want to support.  A lot of people might not have heard about the domestic case though because I haven't heard the media really discuss it. If he really did that he doesn't need to be on the team. 

Archived