Titans to sign Erik Walden OLB

KingTitan

20 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Ripping a players helmet off and then head butting him with your helmet on after the play is completely over isn't a football thing, it's assault. Just like what Haynesworth did to Gurode was assault.

Ya and we all cheered him when he tore it up in 08. Once Walden makes a play all will be forgotten 

2 minutes ago, lamont said:

The Walker play was dirty and border line criminal. I am sure he and Walden are going to be professional in the locker room. My issue is the domestic charge as titans0021 stated. 

i'm worried about that myself. Trying to find out more information about it through google but I don't think i'm typing the correct keywords. 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/7326236/green-bay-packers-lb-erik-walden-gets-domestic-abuse-charge

According to the complaint, Palmer originally told police that Walden pushed her, causing her to fall and hit a bed post and cut her forehead. Palmer said she then attempted to punch Walden in self-defense.

The complaint says that once Palmer found out Walden would be arrested, she began to change her story to say instead that she provoked Walden.

Zakowski said they consider Walden the "primary physical aggressor" in the incident, based on Palmer's original story to police, emergency room staff and her 911 call.

1 hour ago, titans0021 said:

For someone that spent dozens of posts arguing about Terrelle Pryor's "character concerns," to go out and sign a girlfriend beating, dirty player is pretty frustrating.

Now, that is news to me. I didn't know about the girlfriend beating.

Looks like Walden wasn't the only PoS in that relationship:

On March 19, 2015, it was reported that Walden and an unnamed female companion had been attacked by Palmer. She allegedly confronted Walden at his

Braselton, Georgia home with a gun and a baseball bat, and while he was able to take the gun from her, Palmer used the bat to break the arm of the unnamed woman. Palmer then fled, but returned to attack Walden, slashing his arm with a knife. Palmer was arrested and charged with two counts of aggravated assault, family violence aggravated assault, theft by taking, and first-degree burglary.[

Disgusted by the signing none the less.

15 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Looks like Walden wasn't the only PoS in that relationship:

Disgusted by the signing none the less.

Am I missing where Walden beat a girl up?

Sounds like some Jonu Smith type mess almost?

A girl attacked him while he was with another girl?

31 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Am I missing where Walden beat a girl up?

Sounds like some Jonu Smith type mess almost?

A girl attacked him while he was with another girl?

They are different incidents that happened like four years apart.

Not a fan of this signing.  

But... 

Let's put things in perspective.  

I was against making a huge investment in Pryor... and apparently so where most NFL teams.  But for 1 year at $6M?!  I woulda signed him up in a second.  

With Tretola... it's a guy at the bottom of the roster.  Is he guilty, is he not... is he a concern?  None of it really matters.  He's a fringe player who's now been involved in 2 types of altercations that led to some sort of police involvement.  Cut him... not because he's a problem or a horrible guy... but because he's a fringe player causing more headaches to the PR department than opposing defenses.

Again, I can't get behind the Walden signing... but for purely football reasons... we need the depth at OLB, and he's an obvious upgrade over the 4th and 5th guys.  At this point in the offseason, it's going to be a 1 year, low money contract.  Similar to Pryor, it's not much of an investment... and easy to get out of if anything new pops up.

Archived