Week 18: Bills @ Jags

gopherwrestler

I'll bet Richie called him 'boy'. Pretty innocuous in the 21st century and one of the most commonly used demeaning phrases in all of sports but it's had a resurgence lately as a considered slur. The majority of people don't even know that one any more and it's centuries old connotation. If that's what it was, I don't have a problem with it. You can't have a derogatory phrase that demeans someone as a man and only exclude one group from it. Specific racially charged slurs such as the one Incognito used on Martin are heinous and have no place, but 'boy' ain't so specific and hasn't been for a long time. If Richie did cross that line again good for Yannick calling it out, but if not he needs to grow up and stop looking for some soft rub when his team just got a big win.

Hope the media doesn't foul up the coverage. If Richie is guilty he's ignorant, pathetic, and unworthy of being talked about, don't let him rob the Jaguars of their shine. Yannick is gonna learn what the media really wants and it isn't to hear from him the explosive pass rusher, it's from him the victim of harmful words. 

10 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Specific racially charged slurs such as the one Incognito used on Martin are heinous and have no place, but 'boy' ain't so specific and hasn't been for a long time.

So Incognito used sepecific racial slurs before, but you’re betting he didn’t say them to Yan, instead saying something that Yan is taking out of context? ...okay then.

4 hours ago, KhanYouDigIt said:
6 hours ago, areksoo said:

I know the Jags beat the Steelers earlier this year, but if the Jags team that showed up today shows up in Pittsburgh, Steelers are going to destroy them.

Bortles was worse in week 5. Won by 21.

Ben's more likely to throw 5TD this time around then Jags getting 5INT again. Just saying. Bortles has to play better if they expect to move on. Period.

2 minutes ago, iPwn said:

So Incognito used sepecific racial slurs before, but you’re betting he didn’t say them to Yan, instead saying something that Yan is taking out of context? ...okay then.

I don't think Yannick is taking anything out of context. I believe what ever he heard he did deem offensive, I'm just guessing on what I think Richie said. Everyone knows Richie is a bad guy, but that stupid, to drop a nuclear in his most high profile game of recent memory, that would be a lot.

6 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Everyone knows Richie is a bad guy, but that stupid, to drop a nuclear in his most high profile game of recent memory, that would be a lot.

I'm actually thinking something else - Incognito does this EVERY game, but due to this one being so high profile, it's going to draw attention...

17 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

Typical. Hits the QB in the head multiple times. Even draws a penalty on one occasion, then tries to play victim. Love how Yannick didn't even bother tagging Richie in his post. That shows me that he is either being a coward, which makes him exactly like Martin or that he is lying. He probably needs to go back to English class as well because it really sounds like he is saying only 70% of blacks in the NFL are proud of their heritage. So the other 30% of blacks in the NFL aren't? Come on if you going to post something like that on twitter then you have to make yourself at least sound believable. When did it become cool to play the victim? 

What does Yannick get for lying about it after winning a playoff game?

Playing next to Dawkins doesn't mean he's right next to him at all times on the field.

25 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

What does Yannick get for lying about it after winning a playoff game?

Playing next to Dawkins doesn't mean he's right next to him at all times on the field.

That's what I thought as well... But Richie Incognito with his past is just an easy target because people will believe because of his past. But those same people do not know how much he has changed since being in Buffalo. He does so much good for the community. Whenever there is a team event that works in the community he is always there. Always. Even Lorenzo Alexander said this week in an interview when he joined Buffalo that Richie was one of his most hated players but then when he signed and got to know him they have become really close and he realized he had the wrong idea about him.

But I digress. Back to your question... Richie is just an easy target. I don't know much about Yannick but I assume he took a knee at some point. I think that Yannick is just trying to push this Racist America agenda. With Incognito's past it's easy to claim and have people believe. And I know you would think why would he lie... Well Michael Bennett lied about police brutality just to push an agenda. Claims like that could have ruined that police officers life. Richie is an even easier target with his history. And Alexander's interview really shows the hatred for Incognito without players even knowing him so I'm sure a lot of players have no problems about ruining his career to push this agenda.

Now I'm not saying that Yannick is lying and I'm not saying that Richie didn't do that. Yannick was around Tyrod head all day. It's very possible that he could of saw a cheap shot on Tyrod and said something to defend his teammate. But usually when something like that happens the cameras can pick it up, a ref hears it, a Bills player could hear it, or a Jaguars player hears it. And a lot of times multiple players will come out and say yes this happened. But no one has come forward to back his story. Yannick has no witnesses. But Dion did come out and say he never heard anything in yesterdays game or all year. Just wait until all the facts come out because people love to lie in this day in age to push and agenda and play the victim. And it's quite sad really.

Maybe, just maybe he was frustrated by being held to 1 tackle all game?

Anyone with a brain knows the Martin situation was blown out of proportion, and though Incognito is far from innocent in that situation (as he's publicly stated), I find it hard to believe after all these years of no one saying anything but good stuff about Richie he comes out with racial slurs yesterday. Just doesn't add up. 

35 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

But I digress. Back to your question... Richie is just an easy target. I don't know much about Yannick but I assume he took a knee at some point. I think that Yannick is just trying to push this Racist America agenda.

Wow. Um...well, I've been on this site for a really long time, read a lot of stupid things. But this is the dumbest thing I've ever read. 

Yannick has literally zero incentive to say this. You might not realize it, but he's "on to Seattle" for the most part, so him pushing an "agenda" only acts as a distraction, unless there is some truth to a habitual racist and horrible human being doing horrible things...

In short, Incognito has proven to be a bad person since his college days - I have no reason to think he wouldn't do it say horrible things.

Archived