2017-18 Playoffs

Sugashane

29 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Doesnt have measurables, played at Minnesota State (thats right the fictional school from "coach" became a real place), etc...

Didn't have measurables only because he didn't go to the combine.

His 40 would have been top 10, his 3 cone might have been the best, pretty much every stat was top 10 or higher. Was 6'2" and didn't have a slight build, he had basically everything you look for in a WR besides him going to a tiny school in Minnesota State.

1 hour ago, blkwdw13 said:

Didn't have measurables only because he didn't go to the combine.

His 40 would have been top 10, his 3 cone might have been the best, pretty much every stat was top 10 or higher. Was 6'2" and didn't have a slight build, he had basically everything you look for in a WR besides him going to a tiny school in Minnesota State.

His 40 wouldnt have been top 25 his 3 cone probably not top 50.  Dont confuse a good player for an exceptional athlete. Thielen is a really good football player, had he gone to the combine he wouldnt have come close to winning the underwear Olympics

26 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

Who puts a back up QB in as a STer, don't think I have seen that before.

Joe Webb did spot special teams while he was a QB IIRC. I think he was the only other pro QB to do it.

Other than that there were a few college teams doing it. Syracuse or Auburn had one I think too.

1 hour ago, Superman(DH23) said:

His 40 wouldnt have been top 25 his 3 cone probably not top 50.  Dont confuse a good player for an exceptional athlete. Thielen is a really good football player, had he gone to the combine he wouldnt have come close to winning the underwear Olympics

Sorry his 40 time would have been 15th,  3 cone would have been 7th.  So he is a good athlete and a good football player that completely fell under the radar.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=97391&draftyear=2013&genpos=WR

http://nflcombineresults.com/nflcombinedata.php?year=2013&pos=WR&college=

2 hours ago, Sugashane said:

UNREAL ENDING

That was worse than Conte blowing us out of the playoffs. Horrendous. lol

Feel terrible for Marcus Williams. He’s been really good all year too. 

Got to watch that with my sons waiting for to go food at Chili’s. Spent the whole ride home trying to explain to them the magnitude of that sports moment and how they’ll see it over and over again for the rest of their lives. Incredible, incredible finish to that game. 

Just now, AZBearsFan said:

Feel terrible for Marcus Williams. He’s been really good all year too. 

Got to watch that with my sons waiting for to go food at Chili’s. Spent the whole ride home trying to explain to them the magnitude of that sports moment and how they’ll see it over and over again for the rest of their lives. Incredible, incredible finish to that game. 

Just a bizarre play, especially since he had a pretty good season like you said.

I watched it with my son at home. I coach his peewee team so the first thing he said was, "His head was down. That wasn't good." lol  It is cool to see them learning about the game. I was into playing football but only wanted to watch it when it was cold when I was 7, this kid was mad at me for watching a game without him yesterday. It was just kinda nice not to have 20 questions every quarter to answer. hahaha

My overarching observation from watching these games is that compared to teams in the playoffs, the Bears are talent-deficient all over the field. Much work is yet to be done in developing a roster that is going to compete with these teams. 

7 minutes ago, yomyyo said:

My overarching observation from watching these games is that compared to teams in the playoffs, the Bears are talent-deficient all over the field. Much work is yet to be done in developing a roster that is going to compete with these teams. 

Compared to the top teams sure, but the gap between ours and those in the bottom half of the playoff team spectrum is minimal, especially on defense, and having a non-Tecmo Bowl offensive play calling card will make up for some of that difference as well. We need offensive skill position players on the perimeter no doubt. 

3 hours ago, blkwdw13 said:

Sorry his 40 time would have been 15th,  3 cone would have been 7th.  So he is a good athlete and a good football player that completely fell under the radar.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=97391&draftyear=2013&genpos=WR

http://nflcombineresults.com/nflcombinedata.php?year=2013&pos=WR&college=

You do understand that 40 time was his fastest hand time right? The guys at the combine are electonically timed.  You also have to realize his range was 4.49-4.58 meaning at the very least hes probably closer to 4.53 (and id bet electonically its 4.55 or up) You also have to take into acct he wasnt running on the same surface as the guys who ran at the combine.  One of the big reasons scouts love to see guys test at the combine is bc they all run on the same surface.  At prodays some of these guys run on grass, some on turf, some on hybrid surfaces and some just on a straight up track.  Chris Johnson the cb for the raiders opposite scrabble a few years ago claimed to have run a 4.18, that was never recognized as legit.  Like ever.

Archived