Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Sugashane

2017-18 Playoffs

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

For once BB dropped the ball benching Butler for that game...yeah dude might be on the way out but to think Eric Rowe gives you a better chance of winning when a team is throwing the rock all over you is crazy and stubborn.

Doesn't make much sense.  I always found it odd how the Patriots chose to sign and give all that money to Stefon Gilmore over re-signing one of their own guys and a Super Bowl hero in Malcolm Butler.

If Bears choose not to re-sign Amukamara along with Fuller then I would go hard after Butler but he will have a lot of suitors and it probably makes more sense to pay a guy like Fuller first then go after Butler.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone else feel a bit down watching another long drought franchise get a SB and we are still waiting for ours? I really hope the Bears are in contention next year and I'm hoping Nagy can be the next Doug Pederson. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

Anyone else feel a bit down watching another long drought franchise get a SB and we are still waiting for ours? I really hope the Bears are in contention next year and I'm hoping Nagy can be the next Doug Pederson. 

I wouldn't say down no.  I'm happy for the Eagles and Alshon especially.  That's their first ever Super Bowl so it now ties them with the Bears..:D

It also gives me hope that this Bears team can return to the playoffs and compete for a SB bowl sooner than later if they make the right moves because this team does have a solid nucleus in place now.

Remember, it was only 2 years ago that the Eagles decided to part ways with Chip Kelly and rebuild their team by hiring an Andy Reid protege in Doug Peterson and by trading up for # 2 overall pick Carson Wentz...I see some similarities here.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, topwop1 said:

I wouldn't say down no.  I'm happy for the Eagles and Alshon especially.  That's their first ever Super Bowl so it now ties them with the Bears..:D

It also gives me hope that this Bears team can return to the playoffs and compete for a SB bowl sooner than later if they make the right moves because this team does have a solid nucleus in place now.

Remember, it was only 2 years ago that the Eagles decided to part ways with Chip Kelly and rebuild their team by hiring an Andy Reid protege in Doug Peterson and by trading up for # 2 overall pick Carson Wentz...I see some similarities here.

 

I just think we finally have the plan in place for the first time in a while to build a contender the right way. That’s super exciting to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

I just think we finally have the plan in place for the first time in a while to build a contender the right way. That’s super exciting to me. 

It's like when the cubs went from complete tear down to WS champs in 5 years, the rest of the league looked and went, "huh, that's how you do it." now you see teams like CWS, FL, SD, DET, HOU (same time as cubs) following the same path. 

PHI just showed the map going from bad/mediocre to good/great in a short amount of time. 1) Draft your franchise QB 2) pair him with a HC/GM in sync with each other 3) hit on draft picks that play within your system 4) supplement from FA 5) if you finally get to a position to go for it, do it. i.e. trade for ajayi (rumor is they tried to get shady back from buffalo in a trade this past year too)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I havent been this excited for fa, draft, and the upcoming season for quite a while.  The eagles laid a blueprint for the Bears, and funnily enough the trick play at the end of the half was a play that the eagles took from the Bears called "philly special"  so assuming we are trying to follow their example what are we missing?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

I havent been this excited for fa, draft, and the upcoming season for quite a while.  The eagles laid a blueprint for the Bears, and funnily enough the trick play at the end of the half was a play that the eagles took from the Bears called "philly special"  so assuming we are trying to follow their example what are we missing?  

Receivers and Pass Rushers mainly.  Maybe fortify the interior O-line as well. As we saw on Sunday, the Philly DB's are just average outside of Malcolm Jenkins.  IMO Bears have a better secondary assuming Fuller and Prince return.

Seeing Jeffery, Agholor, Smith and Ertz do work on opposing DBs all season really helped the offense out and made the reads easier for the QBs (Wentz, Foles).

On defense they have very good players and depth in guys like Graham, Long, Curry and Barnett rushing the passer and wreaking havoc on opposing QBs.  

So again, if Bears focus on these 3-4 key areas this offseason (WR, OL, and OLB/LB) then I think you can make an Eagles like jump in the next couple of years.  Not saying Superbowl because that's a long stretch at this point, but playoffs wouldn't be out of the question in 2018.

Edited by topwop1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×