Cowboys OL 4th Worst In Pass Pro

Matts4313

Feel free to post a link @Matts4313

That is a really bad stat, especially given all we've invested in the offensive line. I'm sure Green getting extended playing time hurts, because I didn't think Collins and Cooper were that bad at their positions this year.

1 minute ago, Desperado82 said:

Feel free to post a link @Matts4313

That is a really bad stat, especially given all we've invested in the offensive line. I'm sure Green getting extended playing time hurts, because I didn't think Collins and Cooper were that bad at their positions this year.

Done.

1 minute ago, textaz03 said:

This would be a huge reason for Dak’s regression. He was running for his life when dropping back. 

Especially as it wasnt like Dak was holding the ball forever to take constant downfield shots. He loves the short to intermediate throws, which are all 3 or 5 step drops. 

56 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

This would be a huge reason for Dak’s regression. He was running for his life when dropping back. 

Also remember how long he holds onto the ball staring at his WRs waiting for them to get open rather than throwing them open. Dak is just as responsible for that as the o-line. They can only block for so long while he stands there with his thumb up his bum.

3 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

Also remember how long he holds onto the ball staring at his WRs waiting for them to get open rather than throwing them open. Dak is just as responsible for that as the o-line. They can only block for so long while he stands there with his thumb up his bum.

Dude, you just fabricated this. Dak normally throws to short/intermediate routes. He doesnt stare down WRs and he doesnt have a slow release. Infact, there have been graphics in games showing he gets rid of the ball fairly quickly. 

The only part you can really blame on him is his knowledge of blitz adjustments and hot routes. But thats not something any 2nd year player ever has had a good grasp of. 

36 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Dude, you just fabricated this. Dak normally throws to short/intermediate routes. He doesnt stare down WRs and he doesnt have a slow release. Infact, there have been graphics in games showing he gets rid of the ball fairly quickly. 

The only part you can really blame on him is his knowledge of blitz adjustments and hot routes. But thats not something any 2nd year player ever has had a good grasp of. 

I never said anything about his release. His release is fine. His mechanics aren’t great, but they certainly aren’t terrible. His problem is that he stares at his receivers and then turns into Captain Checkdown when he realizes that he can’t throw it past 4 yards. Throwing the ball with anticipation downfield is not something he’s good at, which leads him to hold onto it longer than he should, which then affects how the o-line plays. This, coupled with Dez and The Body Catcher not being able to create separation exacerbates the problem.

So, no. I’m not fabricating anything. A QB can hold onto the ball for an eternity and still only throw short and intermediate passes.

I think the bigger issue might be identifying stuff at the LOS and calling the right protections.

Although I’m dubious of pressure stats in general. A good QB should be able to handle pressure from one specific point (even if it’s the left tackle) with adept movement within the pocket, but two or more OLs being beat at the same time pretty much bones you. I’m not sure of the extent that that applies here, but it’s definitely something that “pressured dropback” stats don’t even come close to encapsulating.

So much for the "Best OL in football" the media and others like to throw out there. This OL took a huge step back when they lost Ronald Leary and it showed this year. The constant switching at LG along with no effective swing tackle really hurt Dak this year. But this is still no excuse for the starting WRs not to be able to get open and catch the ball. Dez Bryant and Terrance Williams leave A LOT to be desired as the #1 and #2 WRs respectively. One (or both) of them have to replaced this offseason.

the fact that the running game went down from last season. Zeke missed 6 games. The o-line was really not good and no where near last season. The fact that the Wide-outs do not separate well. The offense is quite predictable. The team makes horrible in game adjustments. Witten is older and slower. Our all-pro LT either played hurt or his backup was beyond bad (6 freakin sacks in a game to one player O.o>:()

And you guys wonder why Dak "regressed" >:(>:(

the fact that some of you are blaming Dak (whether he could have been better or not) really makes me sick of posting here. It's bad enough that stupid Jerry Jones continues to employ proven consistently "mediocre" coaches (at best) that have accumulated a SINGLE playoff victory in 8 seasons, despite having above to even well above average talent (at times) But the calling out one of our few bright spots and pleasant surprises Dallas has enjoyed in years, IS A JOKE

Dallas has had only 2 good QBs in almost 3 decades, and Dak gets called out. SMFH.

You guys think Peyton Manning was ever one of the 5 most pressured QBs in his heyday? I haven’t seen the stats, but I can’t imagine he was. But Curtis Painter probably was behind the same OL.

Like Plan was suggesting, this stuff is all pretty intertwined and tough to isolate.

Archived