Rams 2018 offseason

holt_bruce81

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

I'm very disappointed that we gave Ogletree that big contract. He sure didn't play like he deserved it tonight. We need upgrades at NT, ILB, and CB. We need to improve our depth. And we need a LT of the future.

This for me is key. Does Nate Solder fit the offense? Wouldn't mind bringing him in if the Pats don't franchise him. 

We definitely need to add some more size and speed to the defense. Im tired of seeing us get gashed and 52 flailing his shoulders trying to knock people over. Drives me absolutely mad

A thumper at ILB, a nose and CBs are key. Whether that's  through the draft or free agency we need those pieces. I agree with the rest of the posts as well. We should look for a LT to groom behind the Whitworth.

Hell of a turn around from last year. I'm really excited for the future of this team. 

Kromer's got a pretty solid track record with mid/late round OT's turning into serviceable LT's.  Depending on the value of the pick relative to other more pressing needs to be filled, Jamarco Jones is one to watch.  I can see Kolton Miller being someone that fits the type Kromer likes.  And I'm going to be keeping a close eye on Alex Kappa at the Senior Bowl and in practices there because I've heard a lot of positive buzz coming from his direction.

With CB, there has to be a limit set (I think there already has been) on what the max the team is willing to commit to Tru and that just needs to be a red line.  If it's exceeded, just work to extend NRC and let him also serve as the example (along with guys like Jordan Poyer on the Bills this season) that if you match guys up with their fit to your scheme versus just going for "the big name do-everythings" on the market, you can still field a quality secondary in the interim while you draft/develop guys for the long-term.

46 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Kromer's got a pretty solid track record with mid/late round OT's turning into serviceable LT's.  Depending on the value of the pick relative to other more pressing needs to be filled, Jamarco Jones is one to watch.  I can see Kolton Miller being someone that fits the type Kromer likes.  And I'm going to be keeping a close eye on Alex Kappa at the Senior Bowl and in practices there because I've heard a lot of positive buzz coming from his direction.

With CB, there has to be a limit set (I think there already has been) on what the max the team is willing to commit to Tru and that just needs to be a red line.  If it's exceeded, just work to extend NRC and let him also serve as the example (along with guys like Jordan Poyer on the Bills this season) that if you match guys up with their fit to your scheme versus just going for "the big name do-everythings" on the market, you can still field a quality secondary in the interim while you draft/develop guys for the long-term.

Also very intrigued by Cappa. Anxious to see how he does the next month or so.

40 minutes ago, El ramster said:

We need to trade down and pick up some valuable picks.. We have to recoup our pick for Sammy.. Maybe even trade down again if we move from the first. 

Trading down is probably the best move, but we'll see who's available. We don't need to recoup our pick. We just need to draft the right players.

8 hours ago, jrry32 said:

I'm very disappointed that we gave Ogletree that big contract. He sure didn't play like he deserved it tonight. We need upgrades at NT, ILB, and CB. We need to improve our depth. And we need a LT of the future.

Ogletree didn't deserve his contract all season long. I miss Little animal, he was slow but he was a sure tackler

Archived