Rams 2018 offseason

holt_bruce81

Anything I say goes with the assumption that we sign Donald long term. There is no future but that future.

But yeah, I would be ecstatic to land Vea or Payne. But, while he will be more expensive than a rookie, Lotulelei is as solid at they come. He stays healthy. He plays hard from the first snap to the last. He is a good character guy. And I think he could play NT in the NFL. He played it in college if I remember. 

He will probably be out of the price range our FO is comfortable with. But I like the dude.

Just now, El ramster said:

Any of us sad Tavon is gone? New regime is out for blood. Barron should follow suit sooner than later. 

Tavon shoulda been gone by now. I like Barron. But his cap hit is preposterous for what he brings to the table. 

28 minutes ago, El ramster said:

Non Issue.. You know Star better than any of us. Is he great? Would he be our big mammoth in the middle or is he overrated? 

I would rather spend money trying to find some gems at LB. 

He ain't overrated at all imo. He is just more of a space eater than a playmaker. You can't run on the dude. But he still has enough wiggle to get after the QB if he needs to. Dude is solid. Price is the issue. At 28 years old, this will likely be his last big NFL contract. He is going to want to get paid. But I like him a lot for his versatility as well. I think he can be the space eater that holds the middle against the run, and we can bump him to DE to get after the QB when we want to. He could give Wade some versatility. 

Dontari Poe is clearly the NT that would do exactly what we are looking for. But, again, big name and big price. He will be turning 28 soon and might be looking for that big cheddar as well.

I think we are in a really good position to shore up NT though. And I could easily see us going a cheaper route. There are some great options in the draft. And some great options hitting free agency as well. DaQon Jones is a good, young, versatile defensive lineman that could probably be had for a lot less than Lotulelei. 

Bennie Logan is another great NT option. And if we wanted to get a little cheaper, Beau Allen or Xavier Williams (RFA) are solid improvements.

We are in a fantastic position to shore up the position. Just excited to see how it plays out.

4 hours ago, Non-Issue said:

He ain't overrated at all imo. He is just more of a space eater than a playmaker. You can't run on the dude. But he still has enough wiggle to get after the QB if he needs to. Dude is solid. Price is the issue. At 28 years old, this will likely be his last big NFL contract. He is going to want to get paid. But I like him a lot for his versatility as well. I think he can be the space eater that holds the middle against the run, and we can bump him to DE to get after the QB when we want to. He could give Wade some versatility. 

Dontari Poe is clearly the NT that would do exactly what we are looking for. But, again, big name and big price. He will be turning 28 soon and might be looking for that big cheddar as well.

I think we are in a really good position to shore up NT though. And I could easily see us going a cheaper route. There are some great options in the draft. And some great options hitting free agency as well. DaQon Jones is a good, young, versatile defensive lineman that could probably be had for a lot less than Lotulelei. 

Bennie Logan is another great NT option. And if we wanted to get a little cheaper, Beau Allen or Xavier Williams (RFA) are solid improvements.

We are in a fantastic position to shore up the position. Just excited to see how it plays out.

Suh! Suh! Suh! Suh!

3 hours ago, chris00cm said:

So many good free agent receivers, I'm not even worried about Watkins.

There's a bunch of average WRS. Outside of Watkins & Robinson.

I wouldn't call

Richardson, Moncrief, Lee, Pryor, Wallace, Decker etc "Good Wrs".

49 minutes ago, Car_Ramrod said:

There's a bunch of average WRS. Outside of Watkins & Robinson.

I wouldn't call

Richardson, Moncrief, Lee, Pryor, Wallace, Decker etc "Good Wrs".

Luckily for us, we already have plenty of receiving targets. We just need a guy who can keep teams honest vertically.

What's everyone's thoughts on Tamba Hali? I'm normally not the one to throw out the suggestion of signing a big name late into their career but I don't think it'd be a bad idea to sign him to a one year deal and help platoon Ebukam. I like Ebukam but I'm nervous about the thought of throwing him in as a full time starter. Hali could ease that transition and maybe even mentor him a little bit. The guy has a ton of experience in the 3-4 and I think he'd be a good fit--as long as the price is right, of course. 

Archived