Rams 2018 offseason

holt_bruce81

6 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

3yrs 48m (30m fully guaranteed) 

Rams wasn’t going to pay him that much.

That $16m per all but guarantees a 3rd round comp pick headed out way next year assuming we don't spend our way out of it this free agency period (I still do kind of feel we're sitting tight and waiting for these big splurge signings to result in cuts and going after the guys who are cap-casualties, with that in mind... that we could be looking at a pair of 3rd's in compensatory selections next year as a result of Sammy and Tru signing elsewhere).

Tamba Hali definitely comes to mind in that regard since he was released and wouldn't count against the compensatory formula for us.  Would be a good fit as a WOLB.  Still wouldn't put if past Miami to release one of their EDGE guys either now that they've acquired Quinn and have at least two other heavily-compensated guys - neither of which is the type that could/should kick inside.

2 hours ago, Car_Ramrod said:

5 years 40M, YUCK!

Glad the Skins got him. I don't see anything special about him. He's very inconsistent and hurt.

Perfectly comfortable rolling with Reynolds in this offense.

Exactly, there's not a single FA WR worth a damn (IMHO) now that Sammy is out.  I'd much rather take my chances with M.Thomas and J.Reynolds and maybe a mid round burner such as Keke Coutee (for example). Seattle WR's are garbage (besides Baldwin) just look at their track record

15 minutes ago, RamPackFan said:

Exactly, there's not a single FA WR worth a damn (IMHO) now that Sammy is out.  I'd much rather take my chances with M.Thomas and J.Reynolds and maybe a mid round burner such as Keke Coutee (for example). Seattle WR's are garbage (besides Baldwin) just look at their track record

Kearse and Tate produced quite a bit better outside Seattle. It's really the opposite.

1 minute ago, RamPackFan said:

thoughts on Antonio Callaway? character concerns but if he get his **** together then he could be dominant...would it be a good fit?

Rams will have to interview him and figure that out.

17 minutes ago, RamPackFan said:

I still like a few of the burners left as role players.

Just now, RamPackFan said:

yea, thanks but no thanks....these guys are waaay overpaid. Lee? wtf has he even done?

Played with Blake Bortles. Jags must have outbid the market. Finally had a chance to leave but the offer was too good to pass up.

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Kearse and Tate produced quite a bit better outside Seattle. It's really the opposite.

Rams will have to interview him and figure that out.

I still like a few of the burners left as role players.

I think Jeff Janis would be a nice "get" to fill that burner role. 4.42 forty time and stuck behind Nelson, Adams, Cobb the past few years.

Archived