Rams 2018 offseason

holt_bruce81

4 hours ago, NVRamsFan said:

I'll trust them too. But when you look at the numbers presented by two normally very reliable websites that we've been using for years they present a number that shows us without a lot of cap space. We racked up about $8 million in dead cap. Tagged Joyner for $10.6 million. Traded for Talib and Peters adding $12.7 million. Traded away Quinn and Tree clearing up about what we paid the 2 corners at $13 million. Resigned Sully, Easley, and a couple RFA tenders and signed Shields and Wilson for another $2 million. That approximately $50 million wasn't going to last for ever. Cap is tight whether people want to admit it or not. We'll see how it turns out but Demoff has generally kept us going into a season with about $5 million in his tenure to have money for injury signings and a cushion.

The cap isn't tight. As flv explained on the other site, the salary cap isn't a one year deal. We've been shifting money forwards for years (by front-loading contracts) to give ourselves future cap flexibility. We are in a position to now use that if that is our desire.

33 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

The cap isn't tight. As flv explained on the other site, the salary cap isn't a one year deal. We've been shifting money forwards for years (by front-loading contracts) to give ourselves future cap flexibility. We are in a position to now use that if that is our desire.

That's not what I said at all Jrry you know I follow and understand the cap as well as him. In fact it cracks me up! In your response you actually agree with what I've been saying, a slower push because the bigger push that people are saying we can and should do is unsustainable and leads to a bigger down time! Yet you say I'm wrong here. 

Dang i was in vacation since the beginning of the free agency and we made some pretty move this offseason ! 

The coming of Suh came from nowhere, it was unespected but what a surprise. Watkins not re signing with us was a little bit a shock but i'm happy that he landed a big contract from the Chiefs. 

Now we have to work deep the draft as last year and have a chance to win it all this year :D

9 hours ago, NVRamsFan said:

That's not what I said at all Jrry you know I follow and understand the cap as well as him. In fact it cracks me up! In your response you actually agree with what I've been saying, a slower push because the bigger push that people are saying we can and should do is unsustainable and leads to a bigger down time! Yet you say I'm wrong here. 

I'm saying you're the wrong to act as if the cap is tight when it's not.

I legitimately can't see Belichick trading Gronk pre-draft.  If he has a TE that he believes is capable of becoming his next Gronk (or even Gronk Lite - and there are several in this class I could see him having that read on) he'll acquire that guy first and trade Gronk later, even if it means taking lesser return on the asset.  BB is pragmatic in the way you want your GM to be pragmatic.  That said, given Gronk's known spinal stenosis, I would highly caution acquiring him unless it was at a bargain price.  Spinal stenosis just flat out is a career shorterner.  And the injuries he's had thus far haven't really been tied to it, but it's likely only a matter of time given the way that he plays (blocks and tries to lean into hits given that with his size a lot of DB's just flat out go for the knees) before neck/back injuries start to accumulate and at that point, he literally could be one doctor's recommendation from retirement.  It happened just that quick with Marcus McNeil who also had stenosis (reason why he fell in the draft).

7 hours ago, The LBC said:

I legitimately can't see Belichick trading Gronk pre-draft.

I honestly dont think Gronk keeps playing for anyone but the Patriots. I think his football timeline is tied to Brady.

And with only 2 years left on this deal, if he were traded, he probably plays 2018 (as he is already getting ready) but could easily walk away from the final year.

5 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

I honestly dont think Gronk keeps playing for anyone but the Patriots. I think his football timeline is tied to Brady.

And with only 2 years left on this deal, if he were traded, he probably plays 2018 (as he is already getting ready) but could easily walk away from the final year.

This will sound like a joke, but it's actually a serious question.  Are they planning on making another Expendables movie?  Because I could genuinely see them wanting to cast Gronk in something like that.

1 hour ago, The LBC said:

This will sound like a joke, but it's actually a serious question.  Are they planning on making another Expendables movie?  Because I could genuinely see them wanting to cast Gronk in something like that.

Haha, there is ALWAYS another Expendables movie in the works. 

Archived