Rams 2018 offseason

holt_bruce81

5 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Man my interest in the draft this year is nonexistent. I’m still going over my buddies house and watching, but I think I’m more excited for the food than I am The draft. 

I mean, you could just play the NFL Draft Drinking Game (the really suicidal one where everyone brings their mock draft and before each pick everyone commits aloud to who they think it's going to be and drink the difference if they're wrong and give out the number of drinks correlating to the pick-number if they're right).

I wouldn't recommend it because that's how I blacked out during the 2006 draft.  Unless you want to cheat and have someone one Twitter DM/text you who the pick is going to be when Twitter spoils it.

Also, just my gut instinct but it's based off of how the last couple drafts have gone.  I think we're going to see a lot of people in here interested come our 3rd round selection because of the (perceived - at least right now) value that drops.  Because it seems like it happens every damn year, but especially the last two.  You find yourself sitting there in the 3rd round like, "How are these guys still on the board?"

I mean, remember last year when people were convinced that guys like Derek Rivers and Jordan Willis were going to be gone by the early 2nd round at the latest?  And they ended up both going in the 3rd with the 83rd and 73rd picks respectively.

5 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Man my interest in the draft this year is nonexistent. I’m still going over my buddies house and watching, but I think I’m more excited for the food than I am The draft. 

I'm as interested as ever. It's a greater challenge this year to pick the right players. That makes it more fun for me.

@The LBC @jrry32 The draft this year is more interesting to me than last year. Last year the Rams didn’t have a 1st round pick and the situation as far as the roster and what to be expected for the season was unclear. This year the Rams don’t have big real needs that they have to fix because their team is stacked and they have Super Bowl expectations. I think they should sit back and pick guys that fit the scheme and add depth. Even trade a pick for 2019 pick to add more ammo for next year. 

Im also pumped to see how the first round goes especially the teams that needs QBs. I expect a lot of trades to happen not just picks but players to be move. So I’m intrigued all around.

I don't expect it to happen, mostly because I don't think we'd get the right value out of it, but I'll own up to being at least on a little edge until the draft gets past the 2nd round just so I don't have to sweat us trading next year's 1st (I can't see it happening unless a Landry or Davenport falls to the 2nd round and we pair our 3rd this year and 1st next year to go up and grab).

I do think that Les is definitely going to take into account the likely wealth of comp picks he's going to have at his disposal next year and that that could encourage a bit more aggression this year in terms of using future pick(s) in next year's draft if it's needed to move around.

4 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Gotta be all for Donald. Hope we get this thing done before June.

I wouldn’t be shocked if it happened towards the end of the season so the signing bonus is pushed back. Or at least most of it.

On 5/1/2018 at 11:04 AM, NVRamsFan said:

I wouldn’t be shocked if it happened towards the end of the season so the signing bonus is pushed back. Or at least most of it.

The signing bonus is prorated. It actually makes sense to do the deal upfront for that reason.

Archived