Venting

stl4life07

So if I would’ve told you Gurley has 100yds rushing 7.2ypc, the offense doesn’t turn the ball over, Woods have 100yds receiving, the Rams win right?

My thing is I thought maybe McVay should’ve played him starters in Week 17 because they was rusty to start off the game and the two fumbles on special teams didn’t help. A rusty Rams offense chasing points isn’t a good thing. 

I also want an explanation to why Gurley only had 14 carries? Like he had a great ground game today and McVay should’ve stuck to it. He can learn and grow from it but I feel empty knowing the run game was working and McVay still choose to abandon it. 

Resting our starters had no effect on this game. Our stupid special teams mistakes early and McVay's insistence on abandoning the running game are what killed us. Brockers' injury crippling our run defense also didn't help.

5 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Resting our starters had no effect on this game. Our stupid special teams mistakes early and McVay's insistence on abandoning the running game are what killed us. Brockers' injury crippling our run defense also didn't help.

The first quarter the Rams had 14 total yards. Goff got hot halfway in the 2nd quarter. To me it was rust. There was no rythme until that point. It’s not like the Rams didn’t have great field position. The first two drives the Rams were dominating field position and a normal Rams offense scores on one of those drives if not both. A rusty Rams offense punted twice.

2 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

The first quarter the Rams had 14 total yards. Goff got hot halfway in the 2nd quarter. To me it was rust. There was no rythme until that point. It’s not like the Rams didn’t have great field position. The first two drives the Rams were dominating field position and a normal Rams offense scores on one of those drives if not both. A rusty Rams offense punted twice.

It wasn't rust. It was a combination of Cooper costing us two drives and McVay refusing to run the ball. Stop with the BS. Go watch teams who had a bye win next week and then come back and try to tell me that makes any sort of difference.

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

It wasn't rust. It was a combination of Cooper costing us two drives and McVay refusing to run the ball. Stop with the BS. Go watch teams who had a bye win next week and then come back and try to tell me that makes any sort of difference.

It’s not BS dude. We all see things differently. You didn’t see rust, I did. Both see the offense did nothing for a over a quarter. The only concrete we have outside of that is the Rams rested the starters Week 17. We don’t know how the Rams would’ve looked had they played Week 17 even for a half. So it’s basically my opinion vs yours so it’s not BS and I’m sticking to it. 

Just now, stl4life07 said:

It’s not BS dude. We all see things differently. You didn’t see rust, I did. Both see the offense did nothing for a over a quarter. The only concrete we have outside of that is the Rams rested the starters Week 17. We don’t know how the Rams would’ve looked had they played Week 17 even for a half. So it’s basically my opinion vs yours so it’s not BS and I’m sticking to it. 

It's BS. I hate that we lost this game because I knew this stupid narrative would pop up. 

Just now, jrry32 said:

It's BS. I hate that we lost this game because I knew this stupid narrative would pop up. 

That’s not the narrative at all. The narrative is Cooper two fumbles hurt and McVay didn’t run the ball enough. My observation is I felt like maybe the Rams offense was rusty and out of sync early because they haven’t played a real game since a Week 16. Why can’t one person opinion be just that? Challenging my observation is BS because again it’s my observation. I’m not trying to convince anyone of it, I’m just giving someone my observation. Plus that’s not even the reason Rams lost the game so idk why you are making it a big deal.

2 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

That’s not the narrative at all. The narrative is Cooper two fumbles hurt and McVay didn’t run the ball enough. My observation is I felt like maybe the Rams offense was rusty and out of sync early because they haven’t played a real game since a Week 16. Why can’t one person opinion be just that? Challenging my observation is BS because again it’s my observation. I’m not trying to convince anyone of it, I’m just giving someone my observation. Plus that’s not even the reason Rams lost the game so idk why you are making it a big deal.

Sitting people week 17 did nothing to today's performance. Blaming that on our loss ignores the fact one of the big reasons we lost was Cooper who had 1 turnover and contributed to our 2nd. The offense was ineffective in the 1st quarter largely to McVay not using Gurley enough in the 1st half. 

13 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

Sitting people week 17 did nothing to today's performance. Blaming that on our loss ignores the fact one of the big reasons we lost was Cooper who had 1 turnover and contributed to our 2nd. The offense was ineffective in the 1st quarter largely to McVay not using Gurley enough in the 1st half. 

I’m not blaming the loss on it. My observation was I thought the Rams was off early from rust. We didn’t lose because of it. It’s no big deal that y’all are creating. Maybe I created a monster that now everyone is taking what I said out of context and not understanding. We lost because of special teams and not running the ball enough. Shall I repeat that again? And it sucks because again I can handle a loss but not when Gurley is gashing the Falcons run defense but sees 14 carries KNOWING the Falcons pass defense was playing great. Goff throws 45 passes. It don’t make any sense.

McVay has that young Sean Peyton in him. He needs to be more balanced and utilize Gurley. We all know how good he is and how good we are when he touches the ball. It was very frustrating to see us so pass happy to start the game. I though we'd see more screen and draws to counter their aggressive play.

Special teams had their worst game of the season no doubt about it. Very frustrating to see Cooper struggle so damn much after what he's done all season. 

We were definitely shaky on offense in the first quarter and it showed. Still, it was a much better season from last and hopefully McVay and Co continue building something special. 

I really thought after the loss to the Eagles, McVay learned he needs to run the football.  I'm honestly shocked to see them abandon the run so early in the game.  Todd Gurley is so great, it's just baffling to me that there would even be one game you would ignore him... let alone the biggest game of the year.  Also, the Rams really need to upgrade ILB.  If they can do that, it would really help the defense a ton.  Ogletree is a pretty good player, but he's really inconsistent.  Overall, the tackling was poor tonight.

On the bright side, Aaron Donald is Godly and you guys are able to lock him up long term.

Archived