Venting

stl4life07

6 minutes ago, El ramster said:

Question, how long will Wade be here? 

For as long as he wants. I don’t think he will be a HC again and he is in the perfect situation with a young talented defense with a young coach that he has a great relationship with. The team is a contender so again I expect Wade to be here until he hangs it up and stop coaching.

12 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

This one kinda stings but the Falcons are a damn good team, no shame in losing to them. I honestly wanted Seattle in the 1st round. 

Absolutely NOTHING to hang your hats on.  This season was a smashing success.  Time for them to move on and build of this.

The muffed fumble was kicked by Countess, Cooper looked like he was hesitant getting to the ball,  but Countess kicked it before Copper put a hand on it. 

Anybody evaluate how Hill played? Seemed like he played well, but I haven't rewatched the game. 

51 minutes ago, I <3 Faulk said:

The muffed fumble was kicked by Countess, Cooper looked like he was hesitant getting to the ball,  but Countess kicked it before Copper put a hand on it. 

Anybody evaluate how Hill played? Seemed like he played well, but I haven't rewatched the game. 

I thought he played well too.

Pharoh has got to get his guys away from the ball, and Countess needs to fall on that ball when he knows it hit him. He had a chance to do it and hesitated.

Dang i was just off today.. Felt a sadness/shocked feeling. I still can't believe what had happened yesterday.

Just have to tip your hats off to ATL.. @jrry32 anything that you liked from yesterday going forward?

Also, That miss tackle Tree had on Coleman on 3rd down was just brutal..

I still want us to keep Sammy.. He does the dirty work.. And 1 or 2 years from now Kupp will be ready.. 

21 hours ago, The LBC said:

I expect him to.  Honestly he flashed tonight in spats.

Tonight showed the glaring need for a proper thumper at ILB though.  And really not just a guy who can get off blocks and stuff the run but someone who can organize the defense (i.e. "green dot guy") because Tree really isn't that guy.  Hate to say it because I do like the guy, but we need a stronger, bulkier 0-Tech than Westbrook too.

How did this loss compare to the Jets loss SD had a few years ago?

The last real playoff game i can remember was the 03 vs CAR.. That one hurt a lot.. But this one just has me down.. :(

1 minute ago, El ramster said:

How did this loss compare to the Jets loss SD had a few years ago?

The last real playoff game i can remember was the 03 vs CAR.. That one hurt a lot.. But this one just has me down.. :(

Ultimately, all the Chargers playoff losses after the loss to the undefeated Pats where LT sat on the bench "injured" while Rivers was out there playing (not well, but all the same) on no ACL I was just numb during.  With the Marlon McCree interception-then-fumble-it-back play from a years back, you just went into playoff games expecting the team to find a way to mess it up and not believing a game was won until they were showing post-game highlights.  I think part of that is why I'm a little more willing to forgive McVay a little easier after last night, now that I'm having a chance to cool down, because at least he was and has been aggressive - which was more than you could say for really any Chargers HC during my tenure there.  Whether it was Marty, Norval, or McCoy they all played to build a lead and then "not lose," rather than to actually close a damn game out.

15 minutes ago, El ramster said:

Dang i was just off today.. Felt a sadness/shocked feeling. I still can't believe what had happened yesterday.

Just have to tip your hats off to ATL.. @jrry32 anything that you liked from yesterday going forward?

Also, That miss tackle Tree had on Coleman on 3rd down was just brutal..

I still want us to keep Sammy.. He does the dirty work.. And 1 or 2 years from now Kupp will be ready.. 

There was plenty to like, but the loss is still too fresh.

The two turnovers (after how darn good our ST have been all year) and losing Brockers were the difference in this game. 

When Brockers went out it changed everything we had to do. We were keeping Julio in check with support for Tru, then we had to start bringing Johnson into the box when their rushing attack was killing us after Brockers was out, and it finally freed up Julio who then was making plays.

I will say this, we deserved to be there, and we showed that we are a threat.

On 1/6/2018 at 11:58 PM, stl4life07 said:

The first quarter the Rams had 14 total yards. Goff got hot halfway in the 2nd quarter. To me it was rust. There was no rythme until that point. It’s not like the Rams didn’t have great field position. The first two drives the Rams were dominating field position and a normal Rams offense scores on one of those drives if not both. A rusty Rams offense punted twice.

I could just as easily say it was jitters for a team that, by and large, is very young and has no real playoff experience. From the owner to the coach to the QB. Like I said in another thread, this was uncharted water. Players are human. Nerves can be rattled by the significance of the moment. I think (and its just a guess) that it had a lot more to do with jitters than rust.

On 2018-01-06 at 11:44 PM, stl4life07 said:

So if I would’ve told you Gurley has 100yds rushing 7.2ypc, the offense doesn’t turn the ball over, Woods have 100yds receiving, the Rams win right?

My thing is I thought maybe McVay should’ve played him starters in Week 17 because they was rusty to start off the game and the two fumbles on special teams didn’t help. A rusty Rams offense chasing points isn’t a good thing. 

I also want an explanation to why Gurley only had 14 carries? Like he had a great ground game today and McVay should’ve stuck to it. He can learn and grow from it but I feel empty knowing the run game was working and McVay still choose to abandon it. 

Whe I watched the game it looked as though the Rams did what too many teams do , and that is abandon the running game. This is commonplace today, almost everyone does this, but the titans didn't last week and look at how much they were down and what happened.  I think this is a product of passing minded offensive coaches and the passing game of the league in general. The titans proved last week that persisting with the run will pay off, but I doubt many other teams will ever do that. It is almost a thing of the past.  This is just another way the game has changed and a way many fans would disapprove, myself included. 

I understand you, but also expect this trend to continue.  I could see Zimmer staying with the run, a D minded coach that has been around for a while.  

Archived