Venting

stl4life07

On 1/15/2018 at 2:10 PM, BStanRamFan said:

I was just thinking about this today. Let me know if anyone sees the irony in this....

For years Fisher was trying to build a team that plays great defense, runs the ball effectively, with a QB who plays mistake free, serviceable football. He tried this with Foles and then Keenum, while Goff was forced on him (supposedly). Now we crucified him when it didn't work out and generally blamed it on it being an Offense driven, pass first league (I did, idk about anyone else).

Today, Jax, Minn (with Keenum), and Philly (with Foles) are all in the championship games with great defenses, running the ball effectively, and QB play is mistake free with the exception of Keenum's late game heroics being above exceptional.

Now, I am very pleased and grateful for Goff/McVay and the direction this team is going. I believe this season is a clear outlier from the norm of offensive teams dominating like in the past (Falcons, Packers, Saints, Pitt). But it's just ironic that what Fisher wanted accomplish all along was possible with this team; just not with him leading it.

And the sad thing is that it might have been possible with Fisher had he been willing to revamp the offensive staff, hire a real OC, and stop micromanaging.

You know what's worse? 

I have the utmost confidence that we could beat either of these Super Bowls teams. 

The first playoff game was always gonna be the toughest. The nerves killed us this year. Hopefully McVay is hard at work in his underground football lab right now, preparing for 2018. 

9 hours ago, Fragafootball said:

You know what's worse? 

I have the utmost confidence that we could beat either of these Super Bowls teams. 

The first playoff game was always gonna be the toughest. The nerves killed us this year. Hopefully McVay is hard at work in his underground football lab right now, preparing for 2018. 

Actually he and his girlfriend are otw to Hawaii to celebrate his birthday. After that there's time to work.

On 23/01/2018 at 6:22 AM, Fragafootball said:

You know what's worse? 

Too bad we didn't have the chance to play Vikings or Eagles again...

58 minutes ago, Flounch said:

Too bad we didn't have the chance to play Vikings or Eagles again...

Just look at how we played better on our second game against the Seahawks. I think this is a team that learns a lot from their mistakes, especially Goff. The only two teams I felt could beat us were the Saints and Falcons, because of playoff experience. Shame. Would have loved to have destroyed the Patriots in the Super Bowl, my dream. 

Archived