My Fear going into next week....

FutureIsWhite

I keep thinking if Murray is good to go next week the coaching staff will do the unthinkable. Anyone who just watched that game would think there is no way this staff would start Murray if he's ready to play but we've seen it time and time again this year. 

What do do you guys think happens if Murray is a go? 

Does this staff give the keys to Henry and Murray takes Henry's old role?

Does Murray start? 

This is my biggest fear by far my going into next week, Feeding Henry for 4 quarters is no easy task for an opposing defense.

We don’t have to worry about Murray. His injury is a 4-6 week injury and just last week PK said he could barely walk on the sidelines. If for some luck of the imagination we make it to the SB, that’s the only place you’d see Murray potentially playing. However, if we make the SB that means Henry is having damn good games so Mularkey would be an idiot to bench him. It should be like it’s been all season with Henry as the lead back and Murray spelling him.

3 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

Gotta figure between the injury and Henry running wild, even our coaching staff will ride the hot hand.

That would make sense. Mularkey was still kind of half-hearted about Henry being the guy on his call yesterday. Maybe he's just trying to leave the option there for Murray and make the Pats think about it. At best he'd be a help on 3rd down blocking and as a receiving outlet, but with that injury it seems to be a stretch. 

Archived