NFL Official Jeff Triplett Retires

gopherwrestler

24 minutes ago, Pugger said:

What is outrageous is the best officials are supposed to be doing these playoff games.  If he is one of the "best" then we need to hire new people to officiate games in 2018!

I just thought of another mistake they are making.  Instead of having the officials with highest scores they should have the best CREWS do these games.  Crews who are familiar with each other will do a better job as a unit rather than throw people together that don't normally work together for these important games.

1 minute ago, Pugger said:

I just thought of another mistake they are making.  Instead of having the officials with highest scores they should have the best CREWS do these games.  Crews who are familiar with each other will do a better job as a unit rather than throw people together that don't normally work together for these important games.

I've not read any of the details of this retirement - but is it immediate? Was he not slated for any further playoff action and therefore could pull the plug immediately (?) or is it a "I'm retiring after the season" type thing?

I hate referees more than anyone on the planet, but I'll admit: I don't think I could do their job better. My goal would be to eat my flag as much as humanly possible, but that'd lead to a lot of angry people as well.

I wish I had an answer for how to get better officiating, but I don't. My one solution would be to dissolve the bye week and have NFL teams play the referees in a no-holds-barred football game that week instead. Players, coaches, and fans get the satisfaction of watching the referees get slaughtered without consequence. It'd be a great thing for the league and I think the commish needs to think about implementing this completely realistic and plausible scenario.

g4LzkYP.gif

In all seriousn'ess though, I expect @jrry32 in here shortly with a "Bye Felicia" meme.  People can talk about how refereeing isn't easy, and it isn't, but there were times you genuinely got the feeling with Triplette that he was making up his own rules.

Archived