Solomon Thomas - Finally Signs Rookie Contract

J-ALL-DAY

I don't see why the Stanford graduation would have an impact on this to be honest. McCaffery signed his deal and I believe he was in the same situation as Thomas. But yeah not much to worry about YET, but if he doesn't ink a deal by the next couple of days, then there will be some concern.

Maybe McCaffrey's focus was a lot more intense towards the NFL, while Thomas still cared about classes and stuff. When McCaffrey skipped his bowl, his intentions were clear. I'm not saying Thomas isn't as focused on the NFL, only that he was more willing to take his time and make sure he makes the best possible decisions. I would think a professional contract is a very important decision. 

4 hours ago, rudyZ said:

Maybe McCaffrey's focus was a lot more intense towards the NFL, while Thomas still cared about classes and stuff. When McCaffrey skipped his bowl, his intentions were clear. I'm not saying Thomas isn't as focused on the NFL, only that he was more willing to take his time and make sure he makes the best possible decisions. I would think a professional contract is a very important decision. 

There is really no need to overthink this. His agent is taking care of the contract and he could have made the deal while Thomas was still going to class. It's not like Thomas will be in negotiation table like his agent and our FO. 

1 hour ago, 48 1/2ers said:

Happens to have the same agent Joey Bosa does also. 

The question I have is who's to blame for him not being signed yet? 

It's hard to say...Paraag is still in place, and he's our chief contract negotiator. Given that he hasn't had a problem getting other picks signed since the new CBA, I'm inclined to believe this would be on the player/agent's end. 

20 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Lynch just said the team is very close to coming to an agreement with Thomas. I have to think they get it finalized sometime today. 

Definitely good to hear. I want Thomas in there from the start.  I have to imagine it was probably something about deferment on the salary or offset language...the salary itself is pretty much locked in, so there aren't too many things to haggle about any more. 

He has to pass the conditioning test and the team is already an hour into practice. Fair to say he won't be practicing today. So yes, one practice. But that's not bad at all, especially with this one not being a full padded practice.

6 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Gareon Conley signed earlier with Oakland so the only rookie left is Corey Davis. He has the same agent as Thomas.

Really hope he signs soon, because he's one of the rookies around the NFL I will pay a lot of attention to. He was one of my favorites. 

1 minute ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

^Yes me too. I was quite intrigued by him the moment i saw him play.

Same here (obviously). Alvin Kamara might be the only offensive rookie around the league for whom I'm more excited. Among non-49ers, of course. 

Archived