Solomon Thomas - Finally Signs Rookie Contract

J-ALL-DAY

3 hours ago, Forge said:

He can still turn it around, as I said, but his current play and station is absolutely that of a major bust. There's also no real reason to assume that he will turn it around (at least for us) in truth. 

And no real reason to assume he can't or won't...see, I can make assumptions too. Doesn't make either of us correct. 

4 hours ago, Chrissooner49er said:

And no real reason to assume he can't or won't...see, I can make assumptions too. Doesn't make either of us correct. 

There is a reason..  the fact that he has largely sucked for 1.5 years. That plus the rather pedestrian rate that guys who suck for 2 years suddenly change it around in year 3 or later. Obviously very possible, but still fairly limited there. I'm not sure what there is to be correct about here either, so I don't get that comment. 

I never said he can't turn it around, I said: 

Can still turn it around obviously, but at the current point in time, definitely bust trajectory.

Then I said that there is no reason to believe he would turn it around, because so far, there hasn't been.

Yes, right now with what he's put on the field, he's an absolute bust. If you don't see that, then you have a really, really low bar for a top three pick. Can he still turn it around? Absolutely. Especially if we start playing him correctly. Akiem Hicks is a guy that was pretty marginal his first few years in the league and then became really good, so absolutely possible (though I should mention that did take 3 teams before he got to that point). But if he continues on the path that he is on, that is certainly a bust trajectory. 

The original question was, "how has he looked". He's looked like a bust through 1.5 years. 

I'm going to agree with Forge on this one. He hasn't been anything but JAG for us and shows no signs of being anything but JAG. Honestly, I can still imagine him becoming a very good player. Just not on this team and not in this scheme. IMO he's going to go to some 3-4 team as a 5 tech after his rookie deal is up and then be an absolute monster for them who eats up a couple blockers every play a la Justin Smith. Then everyone will wonder why the heck we didn't utilize him correctly.

2 minutes ago, Geek said:

I'm going to agree with Forge on this one. He hasn't been anything but JAG for us and shows no signs of being anything but JAG. Honestly, I can still imagine him becoming a very good player. Just not on this team and not in this scheme. IMO he's going to go to some 3-4 team as a 5 tech after his rookie deal is up and then be an absolute monster for them who eats up a couple blockers every play a la Justin Smith. Then everyone will wonder why the heck we didn't utilize him correctly.

I've mentioned this before in the past, and I absolutely think that this has a high possibility of happening. I think he could still take off for us, but at this point in time, under the way we utilize him, I Think its far more likely he becomes a stud for his second team more so than us, if he ever does take off. 

Archived