Brian Gutekunst to become Packers GM

deltarich87

11 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Not sure I'm buying anything from the Milwaukee media right now as it pertains to our FO. Russ Ball was our guy according to them all week.

He was MURPHY’s guy. The issue in the media was that others in the organization weren’t sold on Ball.

Unless Murphy was the type of cold blooded guy that says it’s my choice it’s going to be this way, Ball was going to be a hard sell once the dirty laundry was aired out in the media.

Im sure some in Green Bay reached out to the media to block this... that would be my read of the situation.

40 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

A funny thing about this whole saga .. the local hack reporters were WRONG!  Not a single one of them had Gutekunst getting the job .. and most thought for sure Ball, Thompson, and Murphy were in cahoots. 

seems expected.  These reporters are less informed than 95% of posters here.  They have the fatal flaw that they believe what they hear from the coaches.

3 minutes ago, Slinky said:

Right. I'm just saying Gute likely wasn't their first choice. 

Football is full of stories of guys not being the first choice...

Green Bay was trying to trade Rodgers on draft day but no one gave them any deals... they ended up picking him.

USC hired Pete Carroll who was like their 4th guy...

Doesn’t mean Gutekunst won’t be great.

I'm a bit mystifyed with all these Gute was the 3rd, 4th, 5th thru 9th choice. Where are these tea leaves coming from?
If he was so far down the list - why didnt they let him enjoy a pleasant interview with Texas? Somethings not computing. My left brains not connecting with my right side......

Just now, Leader said:

I'm a bit mystifyed with all these Gute was the 3rd, 4th, 5th thru 9th choice. Where are these tea leaves coming from?
If he was so far down the list - why didnt they let him enjoy a pleasant interview with Texas? Somethings not computing. My left brains not connecting with my right side......

You'll realize on here that some posters are allergic to complementing the Packers.

11 minutes ago, Slinky said:

Schneider, McKenzie, DeCosta, Paton. All requests were denied. You guys are fools if you  don't think those guys, especially Schneider and McKenzie, wouldn't have gotten the job if they were available.

That doesn't mean they were the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th choices.  It meant the Packers wanted to do their due diligence.

Archived