Jump to content
deltarich87

Brian Gutekunst to become Packers GM

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, deltarich87 said:

They did put requests in that were denied.

What’s the rush? I get it, we have to prepare for the draft and FA, but this is your GM. Take your time. Did we even get an interview in within an external guy? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy with Gute. Now need to find the right DC. Hoping for Fangio but it may be difficult to bring in someone external if they are unsure about MM's future. If we go internal, I'd prefer Whitt over Perry and Moss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, IrishGreen said:

Lmfao. “Making changes” 

 

lmfao. 

 

Perry as DC next

Why would you leave the greatest scouting tree of all time to hire a candidate? That makes literally no sense.

This isn't DC we're talking about. Absolutely no need to take this one out of the organization.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the dumbest thing in the world

This is genius

I am so pissed

I am so happy

:D Who the hell knows. At the end of the day it seems like a good hire, efficient, the Packer Way, but no way to know until we know

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Packerraymond said:

Why would you leave the greatest scouting tree of all time to hire a candidate? That makes literally no sense.

This isn't DC we're talking about. Absolutely no need to take this one out of the organization.

agreed.

I can't imagine that Gute is a carbon copy of TT. I suspect they will have significantly different approaches.

I'm very different from many of my coworkers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Honestly, how does anyone really separate Wolf from Gut?

The fact that while both have been favorites for multiple GM jobs, teams usually slightly favor Gute.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, deltarich87 said:

 

Has Wolf had any interviews this offseason?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, IrishGreen said:

What’s the rush? I get it, we have to prepare for the draft and FA, but this is your GM. Take your time. Did we even get an interview in within an external guy? 

They interviewed Whaley on Saturday....which clearly looks like it was only done to satisfy the Rooney Rule requirement. Anyway, GB likely figured Gute may have been a favorite to land the Texans GM position, which he was interviewing for today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Packerraymond said:

The fact that while both have been favorites for multiple GM jobs, teams usually slightly favor Gute.

I was speaking more from an evaluation standpoint.  Which players do you attribute to Wolf as opposed to Gut?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, incognito_man said:

agreed.

I can't imagine that Gute is a carbon copy of TT. I suspect they will have significantly different approaches.

I'm very different from many of my coworkers.

exactly.  Schneider, Dorsey, et al are very different.  Dorsey drafted Tyreek Hill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, deltarich87 said:

They interviewed Whaley on Saturday....which clearly looks like it was only done to satisfy the Rooney Rule requirement. Anyway, GB likely figured Gute may have been a favorite to land the Texans GM position, which he was interviewing for today.

Maybe I'm imagining it, but I thought he was the heavy favorite to land the Texans GM gig.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Happy with Gute. Now need to find the right DC. Hoping for Fangio but it may be difficult to bring in someone external if they are unsure about MM's future. If we go internal, I'd prefer Whitt over Perry and Moss.

With the hiring of Gut McCarthy might not be going anywhere even after 2019.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×